Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat aux port

Options
  • 26-11-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have a 2010 passat with an 'AUX' port in the storage box between the front seats.

does anyone know what size/type of jack I need for this port?

I tried a standard headphone jack from my phone but it is too small to fit it. Am I right in thinking i'll be able to play music from my phone through my radio with this connection if I get the correct jack/connector?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you sure your phone has a regular 3.5mm jack and not 2.5mm?

AV14075_250x250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭teach nua

Yes, they fit my phone, mp3 player and they just fitted an old portable radio, plus they look like they are 3.5mm and not 2.5 at their widest diameter... Is that where the measurement comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭teach nua

you were right, it was 3.5mm, the problem was that the brass input had been pushed down about 2mm below the plastic surround and so the jack could not insert properly into it. I have now discovered another problem and am going to start a fresh post about it.

Advertisement