Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Have to sell because need to pay vrt"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thought the seller has to clear VRt before he can sell it, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nice rims!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

gyppo wrote: »

ha brilliant.
    I spend tuesday and yesterday in a bad mood, because I had to come up with just over €2k to make my car Irish

aw bless. I can't imagine the shock when you realised you had to pay a tax to register you car in Ireland. That must have been so annoying after you...
    drove it on english plates for 2 months and they handed me a cert without any fuss

How DARE they?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

AC Schnitzer rims, nice. Don't suit the model though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Glad to see the OP laughing at others misfortune:rolleyes:. Typical Irish bedgurey alive and well. IMO I'm all for anyone getting away with the illegal VRT tax as long as possible, mainly due to the extortionate rates we pay on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

gyppo wrote: »
    Ha Ha Ha Nice one Gyppo

edit: be careful posting as the moderators may ban you!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've noticed a lot of N.I. and UK reg'd cars driving around Limerick recently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I think a bit of VRT dodging ranks pretty low on the list of enforcement priorities in Limerick at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Grrr, maybe this is the start of plantation by stealth...they are probably starting on the last rung of the ladder first....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Robbo wrote: »
    I think a bit of VRT dodging ranks pretty low on the list of enforcement priorities in Limerick at the moment.

Even if untraceable foreign registered cars are being used to transport drugs and guns, as vehicles for drive by shootings, or have bodies thrown in the boot to be brought to some shallow grave?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

astraboy wrote: »
    Glad to see the OP laughing at others misfortune:rolleyes:. Typical Irish bedgurey alive and well. IMO I'm all for anyone getting away with the illegal VRT tax as long as possible, mainly due to the extortionate rates we pay on it.

I just thought the wording was funny.

Advertisement