Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom rep`

Options
  • 01-02-2003 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

friday night i had yet again,another eircom rep ,rap my door with their come back to us rubbish,this time the pitch was the fact that call charges have dropped below esat`s and that the introduction of an internet package from them is coming online (excuse the pun) in march.

she also said that there are promotional ad`s for the package on t.v. right now, i sure as hell haven`t seen them, have any of you guys.

voyager.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've attached part of a flyer I got from Esat tucked in with my bill this month.

I don't have one for UTV but I'm sure there's something similar available from them (they too are cheaper than Eircom) - if someone has one, feel free to pop it into this thread. International calls aren't compared on the flyer - just take it from me that I'm saving a crazy amount of money by being with (insert name of non-Eircom telco here) rather than the TelcoBeast™ between calls to the UK by me and calls to Japan by my significant other.

So that's Eircom rep lie number one dealt with.

Possible lie number two: If they're introducing a new internet package (I suppose they didn't use the term"flatrate"?) they haven't announced it. They're trying to get customers to come back to them on the basis of something that doesn't exist. I suspect that the average Joe will at least see through this one.

I'll leave someone else to deal with probable lie number 3: the adverts on TV. (I haven't seen any TV this week)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

that the introduction of an internet package from them is coming online (excuse the pun) in march.

tell him to f**k off and come back when he has got something other than vaporware to sell. Sure ... yeah I will re-subscribe to a cappy service on the basis of what you _might_ offer ... good man. No I don't need to see the T & C's where do I sign ?

Advertisement