Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your teen did/said today to make you smile/cry??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My lady has caught the attention of a 12 year old polish boy who has moved into our estate, he has called for her for the last 3 days running, as sson as he rings the bell she is up and out, she has changed her clothes twice already today...

He rolls up on his skateboard and she grabs her rollerskates and off they go....

So sweet!

We are trying out for our white belts in kickboxing on the 15th of July, :) my young lady missed her target last night in kickboxing and punched me in the chest, it was eye watering.... Hurt like hell...

Got her sigma t results too, she got 6 for reading (same as last November) and got 7 for math up 2 from November. Can't wait till schools over, never have to step foot in that school again :)

Mini grindelwald got her first belt in kickboxing last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Daughter spent ages staring at me,and then announced,
    "no offence,but 40 years is a really really"( she paused for effect) "really long time.Think about it."

Still don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    I feel and look fantastic for 43(or I thought I did).....but imagine what she makes of my 97 year old neighbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

msthe80s wrote: »
    Daughter spent ages staring at me,and then announced,
    "no offence,but 40 years is a really really"( she paused for effect) "really long time.Think about it."

Still don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    I feel and look fantastic for 43(or I thought I did).....but imagine what she makes of my 97 year old neighbour!

:D:D:D

My older lad just got a summer job starting tomorrow for the rest of the holidays :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I dont have kids and my parents are both dead so I live with my nanny. I sold my synthesizer a few weeks back, and after I got what I needed with the money I made, I had just over 100 euro left and could not think what to do with it. I then remembered how my nan told me a few times she would love to get a professional massage, so thats what I got her with my money. It was great to do something nice for her because to be honest I'm not the best grandson at times and she always treats me nice and is kind and caring and considerate. I could hear her crying with joy from my room after I told her and gave her a hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Yesterday my almost 17 year old son said he'll give me €50 per week towards his keep and he wont take pocket money while he's working his summer job. :D

Daughter looks gorgeous heading off to another debs- methinks I need to buy a bigger dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

She didn't say anything but it's her 18th birthday today - that's enough to make me cry. :D I feel so oooooooooold.

MY lady had her first ever test in secondary school, business studies result A+ 95%

Delighted! She has a maths exam today. She hates maths...

Edit, maths test didn't happen got a phone call to collect her, she was feeling bad after injection.

• Advertisement

She didn't say anything but it's her 18th birthday today - that's enough to make me cry. :D I feel so oooooooooold.

Happy 18th mini (big) up for anything.

"Dear Saaanta,
    How are ya keeping?
    Sound for last years presents.How's all with the missus & Rudolph?
    We're all keeping well here.
    For Christmas this year,please may I have the Calvin Harris album and a few bits of clothes from sportsdirects.com-to save yourself a bit of money 'cause it's cheaper.
    Any requests for what to leave out for ya to eat this year?
    Thanks & good luck,
    xxx"

My almost 16 year old!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

"Dear Saaanta,
    How are ya keeping?
    Sound for last years presents.How's all with the missus & Rudolph?
    We're all keeping well here.
    For Christmas this year,please may I have the Calvin Harris album and a few bits of clothes from sportsdirects.com-to save yourself a bit of money 'cause it's cheaper.
    Any requests for what to leave out for ya to eat this year?
    Thanks & good luck,
    xxx"

My almost 16 year old!

Least they are thinking about saving money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I recently got the six foot tall, deep voiced 15 year old a kitten, this is his first pet and every time he sees him he goes into the highest pitched voice "awwww he's soooooo cute" it's adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Last night,as I went to put the light out and take away his book and and kiss my 10 year old good night, I asked him was he tired, he said "I'm so tired my eyelids are shutting down by themselves."

The 13 year old started a blog a few days ago, and it is adorable, he made a picture (in paint of all things, trying to convert him to photoshop) for it today saying "everyone's a star" and his last few posts have been of the same ilk.
    He checks it when he gets home from school and excitedly announces "Someone from Hong Kong was on it today!" adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

My daughter, who's in her Leaving Cert year, has just given me an accurate overview of Macbeth through the medium of internet memes and wanted to know if it counted as revision...:D

Got my daughters back her diabetic hab1c results today she was 58 or 7.4% that's the best she has been in 6 years. Delighted.

The 15 year old just said to me and I quote "you didn't give me life I am an immortal entity that chose you as my host"

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

My 12 year old son's class were having a "fun day" today and were allowed bring in sweets. I bought him a bag of Haribo last night and this morning he was separating them out into another bag. I asked him was he only bringing half and he said, "No Daniel wasn't in yesterday so he won't know we're having a party and won't know to bring in anything"

I gave him the biggest hug, heart bursting with pride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The 15 year old just said to me and I quote "you didn't give me life I am an immortal entity that chose you as my host"

Haha..... Love this!!!!!
    Sounds exactly like something my 15 yr old would say:D
    Love having a witty teenager!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Just about everything each of them have said or done today has made me want to cry. I hope this is just a phase because I feel like running away from home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

both my teens completed their first ever 10km runs today in good times. best bit was daughter who waited 4 minutes just before finish line for her friend so they could finish together.

Daughter glued to Horrid Henry on Children's television.

She's taking a break from Leaving cert revision.:o

Daughter glued to Horrid Henry on Children's television.

She's taking a break from Leaving cert revision.:o

sure she's probably preparing herself for whatever analysis/comparatives might come up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 waggs

14 year old son cleaned the fridge out and tidied it while I was at work. Wasn't asked to - just did it.

my 17yr old regularly cleans out the fridge and eats anything and everything in it , usually right after I've spent a fortune stocking it up. but then again he did wash and vacuum my car without me having to ask the other day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Became a Boardsie:eek:

Proud mom here.
    18 year old got an excellant Leaving Cert,secured her place in college,sorted out accommodation and after months of unanswered job applications,has started her first part-time job!!!!
    Perseverance and determination win,every time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

I suggested to my 17 yr old that he might do some study over the Easter. He looked at me and said with a smile, I quote, "Mum, don't worry about me, I'm destined for greater things than the average person".

Should i be worried? Or, should I go with it?

Advertisement