Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your teen did/said today to make you smile/cry??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Have to book my lady in for an eye test, think she is going short sighted. It was picked up on a few months ago at the diabetic eye test clinic it was mild back then and was told if it got worse book her an eye test.

It's got worse she sits at the back of the class and is having trouble looking at the white board. She has to squint.

Myself and her dad don't wear glasses recon its diabetes related.

EDIT: have to bring her to the gps, her finger is all swollen and has green stuff coming out of it, she gave herself a paper cut yesterday looks like its infected, she will have to have antibiotics... :(

I hate diabetes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

My 16 year old son is not long in from the Foroige Awards Night. He had volunteered to do MC for part of it which I thought was a brave thing to do. He won his club's member of the year and then won the overall member of the year for his region.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

deisemum wrote: »
    My 16 year old son is not long in from the Foroige Awards Night. He had volunteered to do MC for part of it which I thought was a brave thing to do. He won his club's member of the year and then won the overall member of the year for his region.

Doesn't your heart and head swell so much when your child achieves something like this?

Well done to him!

My daughter got baned from playing basketball at school, she refused to shake the other teams hands after a match last week and the principal said she embarrassed the school. She refused to shake the other teams hands because they were fouling left right n centre and never got pulled up for it, she did it out of principle, she also injured her finger (which ballooned up that night and got infected and needed antibiotics the next morning and had it dresse by the nurse) she was kept home for 2 days so as to keep the dressing dry and clean and give her finger a chance to heal. she went back to the gps and got it redressed on the 3rd day and i then dropped her to school, the principle saw her and baned her from playing basketball in the school corridor.

I explained about un-sportsmanship like conduct, but the teachers/principle never did, they baned her outright... She is very headstrong, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!

But thank goodness she only has 9 weeks left at the school, 6 weeks if you count our holidays and june break.

Today is her first day at school with glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I commend your daughter for standing up for what she believed in Grindelwald................

A fake handshake IMO is worth nothing and is part of going along with the sheep brigade. Fair play to her for having the courage of her convictions and not being a hypocrite......

I'd say as much to the principal, that "I'm glad I have a daughter who stands steadfastly by her beliefs and conviction rather than a coward who will bow to popular opinion in order to avoid punishment"..

I'd be as proud as punch of her...:):):)

You tell her I said so, cos I'll certainly be telling my 13 yr old daughter about your daughter.

Reminds me of the time I heard my daughter when she was about 10 in the next room.......
    She had 3 friends over and one of them started slagging off another girl who was in their class (this girl wasn't in the room at the time). The other 2 girls started agreeing with her.......It was silly stuff like about her hair/clothes being not great etc.

Anyhoo, my daughter fair play to her said quietly enough "girls, does it matter if her clothes/hair aren't great. I like her, she's a nice person so I don't care about her clothes!.....

Honest to God, my heart swelled.:)

I took her aside later and told her I'd heard her and that she was a fantastic kind-hearted girl and that it's not easy to speak up when everyone is agreeing but she did and I was very proud of her!!

• Advertisement

grindelwald pity the principal is lacking in principles unlike your daughter who has the courage of her convictions.

KittyeeTrix you should be so proud of your lovely daughter. What a sweet child.

Thanks, the school has marked her as a trouble maker because she won't conform. Counting down the days till she leaves. Delighted we stuck our boys into a different school.

Kittytrix your daughter sounds so nice and level headed. Wish I had friends like that when I went to school...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm so mentally tired. Two teens, another one joining them in July but already there in terms of hormones and the last one aping them all and showing signs of nasty hormonal behaviour. Crying seems to be becoming a daily habit for me. I have a feeling that the next ten years are going to make an old woman out of me. :(:(

I'm so mentally tired. Two teens, another one joining them in July but already there in terms of hormones and the last one aping them all and showing signs of nasty hormonal behaviour. Crying seems to be becoming a daily habit for me. I have a feeling that the next ten years are going to make an old woman out of me. :(:(

It can be tough, a hormonal and verbal rollercoaster ride with the "go" button stuck on replay-
    Perhaps try and make time for yourself- go somewhere alone and put phone on silent...

I call it my "me time"....
    I find myself enjoying it possibly too much:D

My young lady was at an 11th birthday party at the weekend, it was a disco and they all had a game of musical chairs, the birthday girls 6 year old brother was knocked out in the second round so my lady gave him her place as he was really upset....

He was so happy... No one else offered him their place but she felt so sad for him... I'm very proud of her for being compassionate and empathising with the young lad.

• Advertisement

17 year old watching Scary Spice ,Mel B on tv, says "Mom,imagine....she slept with Donkey from Shrek!"

Me........"What the *%$£ ?"
    Her...... " yeah- Eddie Murphy!"

:eek::o:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

You know you have a teenager when, with less then 3 weeks left in the school year
    a new school tie has to be bought cos he lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My wonderful teenager daughter has asked me if she can do some volunteering with me during the summer :eek: Shocked is not the word. I expected a summer of lie ins, tv, computer etc. Really impressed with her, its good to see some of the banging on I do at home is rubbing off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

My daughters brain MRI came back clear. :D
    To say I'm relieved doesn't cover it.

paperclip2 wrote: »

Great news, must be a hugh relief.

Delighted for ye!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Thanks. :D Yes it was a huge relief. Those kind of worries go bone deep.

Been there with a bone cancer scare. Spent a few long days waiting for the results but fortunately all clear. It's an awful shock to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

My youngest is finishing up 6th class, I mentioned that soon there would be no more art on the fridge after 10 years of always having something on it. When I got up this morning they had both been up before me and drew pictures of me and them in crayon and stuck them on the fridge, I was in floods of tears.

deisemum wrote: »
    Been there with a bone cancer scare. Spent a few long days waiting for the results but fortunately all clear. It's an awful shock to the system.

Same happened here with a bone cancer scare for my daughter when she was 6. Turned out to be osteomyletis!!

Scariest 2 weeks of my life at the time:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I am laughing now but I felt like crying earlier. I got what appeared to be a text from my daughters principal saying there was no school tomo due to heating issues. It was written really formal with apologies for late notice and request to text back and confirm we received the text. I was delighted as lie ins have been few and far between in the last few months between work and lots of things on. I have a bit of a cold too so am really tired. So text back I did and up comes my 12 yr old daughter laughing. She had gone into my phone and changed her name to that of the principal and sent the text. She was in the dog house with me and her younger sister who had read the text and thought she had no spelling test.:)

Daisy M wrote: »
    .....She had gone into my phone and changed her name to that of the principal and sent the text. She was in the dog house with me and her younger sister who had read the text and thought she had no spelling test.:)

Love it! She'll go far.

Proud mother alert!!!!
    Daughter received 2 awards at School Awards night- staff almost had to remove the door from the hinges to get my huge head through it,I was so proud!!!

I know when my 7 year old was diagnosed with diabetes I wanted to hide and cry but had to stay strong, she has a 50% chance if long term complications, blindness, kidney failure, limb loss, heart problems and a higher risk if stroke. When her eyesight went funny I was worried it was the start of something worse. When we were told she was diabetic it was a relief I thought it was leukemia, she was going into a coma.

Her first period started 3 days ago. 2 hours after we arrived home from Italy and now her blood sugars are running high.

Always something to keep us on our toes....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Well i started kickboxing last night and my 12 year old joined me....

She was determined to be better than me, she also got to kick the c**p out of the kick bag thing i was holding, sent me flying a couple of times.... i however could not do the same to her and she kept on moving it so i couldnt aim right :(

she did well though ....

*mommy daughter bonding, kicking the c**p out of each other at kickboxing.... :O
    Hey grindelwald are you and your 12 daughter still doing kick boxing?

Hey grindelwald are you and your 12 daughter still doing kick boxing?

Yep, really enjoying it... Great sport

Well myself and my daughter completed the flora mini marathon today, did it in under 90 mins. Official time in paper tomorrow. We raised 311 euro for diabetes Ireland..

So proud of her, oh I even jogged the last 1k with her

I should apologise in advance....
    12 year old son is always cracking jokes......he really tries so hard.
    Tonight,watching his sisters get excited for the finale of Desperate Housewives, said,

"Who is the cheesiest woman in DH?

Bree!"

Well myself and my daughter completed the flora mini marathon today, did it in under 90 mins. Official time in paper tomorrow. We raised 311 euro for diabetes Ireland..

So proud of her, oh I even jogged the last 1k with her

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=13037

My 16 year old lad is in the civil defence and did his first duty on Thursday. He looked so grown up in his uniform.

• Advertisement

My eldest has made a camp outsde with her two younger brothers, there are now going to eat outside too, its pouring rain and they are all happy out.....

Advertisement