Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TRV valve heads need replacing

• 22-10-2014 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry I don't know the exact terminology for each part. I have TRV on my radiators but a lot of the heads (sic) have gone faulty (the part in the middle that closes/opens the valve remain stuck on closed - must have been a faulty batch). I need to buy around 20 replacements but need to make sure they fit first. See pic of valve below.

Are all these TRVs the same size 15mm?
    Any recommendations for manufacturer of TRV head?

Many thanks.

4iiwkj.jpg
    2zdondx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry I don't know the exact terminology for each part. I have TRV on my radiators but a lot of the heads (sic) have gone faulty (the part in the middle that closes/opens the valve remain stuck on closed - must have been a faulty batch). I need to buy around 20 replacements but need to make sure they fit first. See pic of valve below.

Are all these TRVs the same size 15mm?
    Any recommendations for manufacturer of TRV head?

Many thanks.

4iiwkj.jpg
    2zdondx.jpg

Pegler or the new myson are nice

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Pegler or the new myson are nice

If your talking about head replacement only, don't bother because if it's the pin that's getting stuck then a new head won't fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Can these be removed, disassembled, cleaned and refitted?

I would expect the spring/pin is stuck with central heating gack

The lips wrote: »
    Can these be removed, disassembled, cleaned and refitted?

I would expect the spring/pin is stuck with central heating gack

I don't know if they can be disassembled. I never tried. If your system suffers from sludge problems then you should have it powerflushed. You'd get a discount if you got the valves replaced also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

No the pins are ok, its the adjustable pin in the white valve heads that have got stuck.

Thanks for the responses guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If the pin on the valve itself is not sticking then all you need to do is replace the valve head with the same model.
    Replacement TRV heads are usually easily found in most plumbing supplies, just bring one if the old ones with you to make sure you get the correct replacement.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    If the pin on the valve itself is not sticking then all you need to do is replace the valve head with the same model.
    Replacement TRV heads are usually easily found in most plumbing supplies, just bring one if the old ones with you to make sure you get the correct replacement.

What he said

Advertisement