Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firebird Boiler cutting in and out

Options
  • 16-10-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi All
    Hope i can get some help here.i have a firebird boiler outside the back door in a steel boilercontainer. lately when i turn it on it will start and run for about 20 seconds and cut out and start again . it will do that for a good while and then will run fine ?. any help would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

i lovewine wrote: »
    Hi All
    Hope i can get some help here.i have a firebird boiler outside the back door in a steel boilercontainer. lately when i turn it on it will start and run for about 20 seconds and cut out and start again . it will do that for a good while and then will run fine ?. any help would be great
    Thanks

Sounds like a dirty photo cell. A good service should sort you out. remove the photocell. It's a black cable to the right of the reset button. Hold it by the black rubber and pull it out

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Thanks Dtp1979. will do

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Could be the nozzle or over-aired either, even a partially blocked filter (over airing will normally effect a cold start worse than during hot cycling)
    It's a black cable to the right of the reset button. Hold it by the black rubber and pull it out
    Your assuming the burner is an RDB Dec, could be a R40(g series) or even a Max 4.

DGOBS wrote: »
    Could be the nozzle or over-aired either, even a partially blocked filter (over airing will normally effect a cold start worse than during hot cycling)

Your assuming the burner is an RDB Dec, could be a R40(g series) or even a Max 4.

That's true tony I was. Any luck op?

Dtp1979 it turned out to be a dirty photocell in the end so took out and cleaned and back it normal
    Result !!
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 it turned out to be a dirty photocell in the end so took out and cleaned and back
    to normal
    Result !!
    Thanks

i lovewine wrote: »
    Dtp1979 it turned out to be a dirty photocell in the end so took out and cleaned and back
    to normal
    Result !!
    Thanks

That's good op. But be warned, it's sooting up for a reason. A properly serviced boiler will never soot up. I'd really advise you to get it serviced soon. Insist on a flue gas analysis printout too. If you want recommendations, post your location and we'll help.

Hi All
    an update on work on the boiler. its not cutting out anymore but i noticed that at the top left side of the boiler is a brass connector like what u would see on the side of a Rad but the knob is back and it usually is clean and i think it has something to do with a Temp release but i have just noticed that it leaking some water and steam when the boiler is on but its turned as tight as i can get it ?.
    my boiler is a Firebird Heatpac 90-120. any ideas what could be wrong ?
    regards
    PS. i live in North Kildare is it time i got someone in to look at it. herself said it was serviced in May when i was in hospital ?

Hi All
    an update on work on the boiler. its not cutting out anymore but i noticed that at the top left side of the boiler is a brass connector like what u would see on the side of a Rad but the knob is back and it usually is clean and i think it has something to do with a Temp release but i have just noticed that it leaking some water and steam when the boiler is on but its turned as tight as i can get it ?.
    my boiler is a Firebird Heatpac 90-120. any ideas what could be wrong ?
    regards
    PS. i live in North Kildare is it time i got someone in to look at it. herself said it was serviced in May when i was in hospital ? iu can post images i am afraid

Advertisement