Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Focus 1.6 Petrol Emissions

Options
  • 12-04-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

@ low rpm = pass
    @ high rpm = fail

Apologies for the lack of information, should have exact figures Saturday. Could it just be an o2 sensor considering the failure is at high idle and not low?

No engine light and car drives prefect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Without knowing what failed it's hard to even guess.

Did it ever suffer from water down around the plugs causing a misfire or a failed coil pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

did the car just fail an nct ? does the engine managment light actually come on when you turn the ignition on ? focus engine management systems are very senstive if the emmisions are slight off the light is straight on , just in case someone has removed the mil light as does happen when whores are selling cars

o2 sensors dont give much trouble but you would have the see the engine live data before you start replacing expensive items most popular is the cat ,, usually as a result of driving with a coil gone for a long period of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Sorry, I left this on the long finger as always! The wiring loom was replaced ( circa 1 year ago) as it was causing a miss etc. The car was nct'd 2 weeks ago and was giving high emissions at high rpm. Put diagnostics on it and it showed a cat problem. Engine light was on at the time (4 days ago). hasn't come back on since. Changing the cat tomorrow but have no lift, do I just drop the cross member with the ps rack above it to get the cat in/out?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭harg90

Sitec wrote: »
    Sorry, I left this on the long finger as always! The wiring loom was replaced ( circa 1 year ago) as it was causing a miss etc. The car was nct'd 2 weeks ago and was giving high emissions at high rpm. Put diagnostics on it and it showed a cat problem. Engine light was on at the time (4 days ago). hasn't come back on since. Changing the cat tomorrow but have no lift, do I just drop the cross member with the ps rack above it to get the cat in/out?

haha best of luck changing it on the grownd:/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Did it on the ground, bit of a nightmare, hopefully it passes the NCT next time around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement