Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Marks

Options
  • 18-02-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey all quick question, i have my driving test this Friday,
    (got a cancellation slot) My drivers window is stuck and i cant roll it down (need window regulator) and i wont get one in time for the test, so because of my window now not able to roll down,i cant do hand signals, how many marks will i get and what grade are they ? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

This happened to me. I rang the RSA and they suggested that I get a different car or fix the issue. I got the window regulator in time but was never asked to roll down my window for the hand signals questions. He just done them inside the car.

I will say that when I rang the RSA they didn't seem to have a clue and it was a guess rather than a matter of fact.

You've booked it now you might as well just put it to the back of your mind.

To answer your question fully you won't get any marks for it. The tester may deem the vehicle unroadworthy to conduct the test but that's down to his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

This happened to me. I rang the RSA and they suggested that I get a different car or fix the issue. I got the window regulator in time but was never asked to roll down my window for the hand signals questions. He just done them inside the car.

I will say that when I rang the RSA they didn't seem to have a clue and it was a guess rather than a matter of fact.

You've booked it now you might as well just put it to the back of your mind.

Thanks for the quick response, i thought about ringing them, or might just tell the tester i cant do it before we start, i was then told i might get a mean tester and he could refuse to get into the car though, i will try do it while in the car, i might get away with it, who knows, it might be lashing Friday anyway and let me off :)

Thanks again

fwiw it was warm the day I done the test and he didnt ask me to roll down the window. I just demonstrated some in the care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Just go and drive out and if you are asked which doubt it just go oh my god my window isn;tworking sure worth a try don't tell him before the test....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

fwiw it was warm the day I done the test and he didnt ask me to roll down the window. I just demonstrated some in the care

i will just try do the same,
    Just go and drive out and if you are asked which doubt it just go oh my god my window isn;tworking sure worth a try don't tell him before the test....

Thanks,
    i will just try this, everyone knows hand signals anyway, hopefully it wont be a big deal.

i will just ask him will it be ok to demonstrate in the car instead.

Advertisement