Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whistling noise

Options
  • 02-09-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Thanks for reading, I have noticed a whistling noise from the engine

I have a pic where the noise is coming from

I guessing its small issue. I have tried to tighten it but noise is still there320813.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

It either a air or oil line leaking from your turbo replace the hose or cut & join it. spray wd40 on the hose to see where the leak is coming from or use water in a hand sprayer to see where the air bubbles are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thanks for reply its coming straight from the connection into the engine, it feels loose/I am thinking it should pop in but it wiggles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

homingbird wrote: »
    It either a air or oil line leaking from your turbo replace the hose or cut & join it. spray wd40 on the hose to see where the leak is coming from or use water in a hand sprayer to see where the air bubbles are coming from.

Turbo???

Didnt know crv came with one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

dave1982 wrote: »
    Thanks for reading, I have noticed a whistling noise from the engine

I have a pic where the noise is coming from

I guessing its small issue. I have tried to tighten it but noise is still there320813.jpg

I take it you mean that the piece that the pipe goes on to which goes into the cam cover is loose?

Hold it tight down and see if the noise goes. If not then probably a crackbin the hose on the underside where you cant see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

nc19 wrote: »
    Turbo???

Didnt know crv came with one?
    The petrol ones don't anyway. That's a breather pipe circled in the pic. Not sure why it's whistling, but have a look and see if the rubber grommet is sitting in properly. A bit of silicone sealer would probably be handy to seal it, if only to eliminate that as the source of the whistle. It could be something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thanks to all, I try what ye advised

Advertisement