Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do ye incorporate ict into the classroom

• 18-08-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering what ways do the teachers on here incorporate ict into the class room. I am especially interested it with languages. I understand it can be handy for geaography/history/English etc but just wondering what way ye use it in general.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

for irish there is an app i let them use on their phones for recording oral work. once instead of asking questions out loud, i had a live twitter feed in class that was a great hit! Other than that Edmodo and there's a few others. I had to try and work with the principal though to allow kids to use their phones in class though but it was worth it especially for Irish and never ever had a problem with phones in the room or them doing something they shouldnt. i've paired with a gaeltacht school for skype calls this year so should be fun once they get going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Irish teacher here. I sometimes use a Dictaphone and record them as they sing along to a song on youtube [after we have covered the lyrics] Then we replay it straight away or put it on edmodo where they can listen to it at home. Great fun but it takes time for them to get comfortable with it.

Recently, have started taking photos of their work..then beem it up on the screen and rest of class work in pairs to spot errors.....hope to do this a lot more next year with LC essays and JC stories

Lip sycnc videos with fourth years...play a vid off youtube such as one of the coláiste lurgan ones and then students mime a line or two each or in pairs. Then edit it on windows moviemaker but this can take a bit of time to sync the lyrics with the students.

Going to try a twitter account next year so will see how that goes.

For Irish teachers, vifax.ie or .com is from NUI Maynooth...it has clips from nuacht TG4 and scripts...you can play video, minimize it so you only hear the presenter, then beem up the script so students can hear and read at the same time. It makes the news so much easier for them to be able to read along with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Teacher kit etc can be handy for roll call and admin stuff
    All the kids are on twitter so having a (school only) twitter account can be handy
    I find utube fab for my subject
    Ebeam is handy for being able to go back to their brainstorms etc from previous classes
    Edmodo too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

www.quizlet.com (vocabulary recording tool/ make personalised flashcards)
    www.audioboo.com (for creating audiofiles/podcasts)
    www.voxopop.com (Set up a thread for a topic you are discussing in class and and students can record voxpops on the subject)
    www.surveymonkey.com (Students can create surveys on any topic. They can embed it in a class blog or e-mail it to recipients to complete)
    www.fotobabble.com (Students can upload a photo and record audio descriptions of the photo)
    Class blogs (Students can upload written work/projects)

• Advertisement
Advertisement