Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI renewal applications open Monday 20/05 *Post Renewal Issues Here*

Options
  • 17-05-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

I just thought I'd throw this up in case people didn't get their renewal letters yet but the system is open from Monday at 10am according to their Facebook.

So what do we think, will it run any smoother this year? Anyone have any idea what documents they might want for the renewal applications? I assume it won't be as detailed as first time applications.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

It gives me the option to fill in the Application form now

http://gyazo.com/99d3355f671554d0961c441f4eb2d0cb

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jame1991

Yep I just did mine there! Hopefully get it processed quickly because I must be one of the first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

I applied to renew mine there, with no changes from last year.
    Do we have to send our exam results or anything? And will we have to wait til September/October to find out if we were approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ah have been trying to do my renewal for ages now, have to do a reassessment this year and every time I try to enter my mum's information I just get a pop up window that says error and nothing else and I can't get passed it. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Im confuse..I was sucessful in grant application last year with susi and logged in today half expecting a simple grant renewal option. All i could see was an option to start a new application though requiring me to enter all the details i did from last year all over again. Is this the correct procedure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Im confuse..I was sucessful in grant application last year with susi and logged in today half expecting a simple grant renewal option. All i could see was an option to start a new application though requiring me to enter all the details i did from last year all over again. Is this the correct procedure?

When I did mine all I had to do was click 'Grant Application', click a few drop down boxes. Was only about 2 screens and that was it. Didn't have to put in a load of info at all.

Maldesu wrote: »
    When I did mine all I had to do was click 'Grant Application', click a few drop down boxes. Was only about 2 screens and that was it. Didn't have to put in a load of info at all.

yeah i clicked on that grant application tab and it started from scratch with new reference number etc askin for all info from last year again as if it were my first time. certainly more than two screens. o mist be doin something wrong. Di they send you a letter with any other details or anything?im still waiting for mine.

yeah i clicked on that grant application tab and it started from scratch with new reference number etc askin for all info from last year again as if it were my first time. certainly more than two screens. o mist be doin something wrong. Di they send you a letter with any other details or anything?im still waiting for mine.

They sent me out a letter around the 10th telling me it would be open in mid May. It included my application number and the username I used for the site. Did you get a letter at all?

They sent me out a letter around the 10th telling me it would be open in mid May. It included my application number and the username I used for the site. Did you get a letter at all?

they said its en route. I have same log in details from last year anyway. Ill just go ahead with filling out new application online. I hope they dont ask for all the documents from last year again haha

Renewal doesn't have to be in till the 14th June, so maybe hold off on putting in a new claim. Could be that they are sending the renewals out in batches and your details aren't yet updated. Maybe wait to see what some of the others who've put in their renewal say before you do it. Who knows what SUSI will do if you send in a new application.

• Advertisement

Renewal doesn't have to be in till the 14th June, so maybe hold off on putting in a new claim. Could be that they are sending the renewals out in batches and your details aren't yet updated. Maybe wait to see what some of the others who've put in their renewal say before you do it. Who knows what SUSI will do if you send in a new application.

**** too late,already submitted..i thought u were renewing aswell and that is what you had done also? What exactly does the letter state?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ciara_MoloneyPT

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Ah have been trying to do my renewal for ages now, have to do a reassessment this year and every time I try to enter my mum's information I just get a pop up window that says error and nothing else and I can't get passed it. So frustrating.
    . Same thing was happening me so I rang SUSI first I was told it would be fixed by 5pm yesterday and then got an email saying tomorrow. Hopefully it's fixed today as I'm eager to get my renewal in.

**** too late,already submitted..i thought u were renewing aswell and that is what you had done also? What exactly does the letter state?

I was renewing, but it was the same claim number.

Rang SUSI and emailed them an attachment of the error message, They still have no answers as to why Mothers section is causing problems very frustrating!

I contacted susi on both their facebook page and twitter explaining I was renewing a claim from last year and the both told me to go through the online process of "Grant Application" on the left.???already sounding like the fiasco of last year if they are wrong

I had no problem. Got this email in return:

"Thank you for submitting your Renewal Grant Application to SUSI
    Attached to this e-mail you will find the following:
    A soft copy of your application form. (For information purposes only.)
    Please note your renewal application has been accepted. However, award of your grant for the 2013/14 academic year will be dependent on confirmation of progression and registration from your college/institution. SUSI will contact your college/institution directly in August/September to gather this information. (You do not need to do anything.) In the event that your college/institution does not confirm your progression and registration your grant payment will be suspended until confirmation has been received. If you decide to change course or college for the 2013/14 academic year you must contact SUSI helpdesk for further instructions.
    Regards,
    SUSI Support Team
    Support Desk: 0761 08 7874
    Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie"

I had no problem. Got this email in return:

"Thank you for submitting your Renewal Grant Application to SUSI
    Attached to this e-mail you will find the following:
    A soft copy of your application form. (For information purposes only.)
    Please note your renewal application has been accepted. However, award of your grant for the 2013/14 academic year will be dependent on confirmation of progression and registration from your college/institution. SUSI will contact your college/institution directly in August/September to gather this information. (You do not need to do anything.) In the event that your college/institution does not confirm your progression and registration your grant payment will be suspended until confirmation has been received. If you decide to change course or college for the 2013/14 academic year you must contact SUSI helpdesk for further instructions.
    Regards,
    SUSI Support Team
    Support Desk: 0761 08 7874
    Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie"

Hi you obviously had an option stating "Renewal Grant Application" in the online facility? I did not. Thanks

Hi you obviously had an option stating "Renewal Grant Application" in the online facility? I did not. Thanks

No, it just had "Grant Application" - it did not say renewal. I clicked on that and the option was there for the 2013/14 year.

Thanks..yeah thats the route i went through but I got a completely different email back as if it were new claim. Nothing about renewal in it. Was there anything contained in the letter stating any other procedure you had to go through? I am waiting on mine but I presume it just contains previous log in details which I already have.

Thanks again.

Thanks..yeah thats the route i went through but I got a completely different email back as if it were new claim. Nothing about renewal in it. Was there anything contained in the letter stating any other procedure you had to go through? I am waiting on mine but I presume it just contains previous log in details which I already have.

Thanks again.

The letter said if staying on the same course,
    "go to www.grantsonline.ie/eseries using existing username and password and to complete renewal application for 2013/14 academic year.
    If starting a NEW course go to the same site and using existing username and password. We will attach the documents you sent in 2012/13 to new application. We may ask for further documents.
    To start renewal application, click on the grant application menu option on the left hand column on the home page. Answer the questions requested and the online system will automatically take you through the stages you need to complete your application.
    "

Hopefully it'll be back on track before long. I'd imagine there are a lot trying to log on. Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

I applied last year, but didn't qualify due to my parents income the previous year, despite being a mature student, so had to pay for my fees myself. Does anyone know can i reapply to susi for my second year fees, as income in my household in 2012 and 2013 is drastically lower? And if so, does this qualify as a renewal, or do i apply from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

icelime wrote: »
    I applied last year, but didn't qualify due to my parents income the previous year, despite being a mature student, so had to pay for my fees myself. Does anyone know can i reapply to susi for my second year fees, as income in my household in 2012 and 2013 is drastically lower? And if so, does this qualify as a renewal, or do i apply from scratch?

Hi Icelime,

If you did not receive the grant last year then you will be applying this year as a new applicant. You can log in to www.grantsonline.ie using the same log in details.

It will depend on your income thresholds if you will qualify for the grant this year. You can find the thresholds at the following link: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1368781121/SI_159_of_2013_Student_Grant_Scheme_2013_Final.pdf

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sligophoto

Dear SUSI, when attempting to renew why are some people getting a simple renewal process and others a reassessment process. Is this a random decision or is there a reason or any logic to it, or is it a mistake?

Sligophoto wrote: »
    Dear SUSI, when attempting to renew why are some people getting a simple renewal process and others a reassessment process. Is this a random decision or is there a reason or any logic to it, or is it a mistake?

I was asked if there was any substantial income changes and this led me to a reassessment process when I answered yes, did you get that question?

No My daughter who I am applying for is studying in England perhaps that is the reason.

As soon as I clicked on the grant application link (top left in grantsonline window) it was a reassessment from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Sligophoto wrote: »

Hi Sligophoto,

Basically there could be a few different reasons about wether you go straight through the renewal process or go for re-assessment.

For auditing purposes people will be randomly selected to a re-assessment. If a student was only awarded fees only for one year, they might re-assess this year to see if maintenance is available.

There are a few different reasons behind the process. It won't be a mistake though if you do get sent for re-assessment.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Hi Aoife, thanks very much for your quick response, perhaps that could be explained on the log in page to avoid confusion?

Aoife; has the error I posted about above been looked at yet? I haven't been able to enter my mother's income details or proceed with my renewal since Monday it just keeps saying error with no reason. I've tried several different browsers.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Aoife; has the error I posted about above been looked at yet? I haven't been able to enter my mother's income details or proceed with my renewal since Monday it just keeps saying error with no reason. I've tried several different browsers.

Hi Pigwidgeon,

Its sorted since this morning I was in the same boat as you and was told 8am this morning it would be resolved and I have been able to get my mothers details in and finish my renewal.

Good luck :)

Advertisement