Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white oak stairs - inspiration!

Options
  • 27-07-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi - middle of new build and about to get stairs started. We're looking for a contemporary looking white oak cut string but square shape spindles, plain handrail with no 'turns' or curves or moulds etc ie modern without being anything way out as its just a standard straight stairs & we gonna have lights up the side every second step. would like an extra one or 2 steps at end comming out around the last spindle/post if you know what i mean. (dont know the stairs terms yet)
    my husband would love glass but i am really against it due to the impracticalities with small kids! and we not really into white that you have to paint again in few years.
    we kinda know what we want just havent got a picture of it!
    any ideas?
    DSN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Sounds very straightforward, any local Joinery in your area should be able to show you some pics / samples.

Advertisement