Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Quote

Options
  • 21-05-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what kind of insurance quote I would expect after having a conviction of drink driving. Am currently off the road the d moment but will be back on in november and really need a car for work. Anyone have any idea? Also, I am under 25 so this would add to it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

There is only one company that will insure, not sure of their name though. I know a guy who lost his licence from drink driving 4 - 5 years ago, has another 3 years before the slate is clean. Expect to pay boy racers insurance, 5k+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

The only insurance company that will quote you is your insurance company at time of incident. They can put whatever loading they want (depending on which company) I'd guess 200% loading as a good rule of thumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

ARB should quote you. They do 'high risk' insurance so don't expect it to be pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

http://www.excess.ie/

They do high risk .. car must be worth over 10k and be less that 10 years old though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,924 ✭✭✭✭Stark

From their website it says:
    We exclude drivers with convictions for drunk driving, dangerous driving or driving without insurance.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Just looked up their website, they seem pretty good, whats d catch though, cause they just quoted me €2K for a 1.6 focus, 3 years ago I got quoted €6k for a 1.1 Fiesta, and had a full license at that time aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 45,142 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Macca07 wrote:
    Just looked up their website, they seem pretty good, whats d catch though, cause they just quoted me €2K for a 1.6 focus, 3 years ago I got quoted €6k for a 1.1 Fiesta, and had a full license at that time aswell
    have you specified the drunk driving conviction? Also, if you mean the excess website, they have an policy excess of €4000.

Add to that insurance does seem to be a lot cheaper these days then it used to be.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

blastman wrote:
    My advice would be to run from this forum as fast as you can, matey, because the high horses will stampede when they hear this one.
    Not this time.
    The OP asked a reasonable question so I would expect people to provide reasonable answers.
    Any 'high horse' replies will just get deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Macca07 wrote:
    Just wondering what kind of insurance quote I would expect after having a conviction of drink driving. Am currently off the road the d moment but will be back on in november and really need a car for work. Anyone have any idea? Also, I am under 25 so this would add to it

The best thins is shop around and contact ARB, st pauls ,britton and other companies.It might take some time but you might save some money.I dont think it will be a bad quote if you do some research

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 collinfe

try "quoteme.ie"
    tel: 0818223344

They will quote you although expect min 50% loading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement