Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in hospital......

Options
  • 20-11-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

I'm due to go into hospital soon for surgery and have been told that it will be a ten day/two week stay :-( I will go mad without internet access, my mobile plan only gives one gig of data.
    Just wondering what have others done! Don't mind paying but am struggling to find a solution, need my Netflix!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I don't know what hospital you are staying in but any time I have stayed in hospital recently, the wifi internet has been fine. Just used my tablet the whole time I was in to stop the boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Well I'll be in Mullingar hospital and there is no Wi-Fi unfortunately. So I need a solution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Buy more data off your provider

efb wrote: »

Well yes but they only offer a small amount of data, won't be enough for me. I'll keep looking!

efb wrote: »

Well yes but they only offer a small amount of data, won't be enough for me. I'll keep looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you can get a loan of another phone that is unlocked and get a three sim. Top up 20 t get unlimited data and away you go.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

dragona wrote: »

Who is your provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Get a sim from another provider which gives you more data? 30 day or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Invest in a 3G dongle maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dragona wrote: »
    I'm due to go into hospital soon for surgery and have been told that it will be a ten day/two week stay :-( I will go mad without internet access, my mobile plan only gives one gig of data.
    Just wondering what have others done! Don't mind paying but am struggling to find a solution, need my Netflix!

Ah Hope you'll be okay :)

I remember some years back I was attending this one college that didn't have great wi-fi at that time. I brought my laptop up with me but also bought one of those o2 prepaid dongles and registered and topped up as needed.

Would one of those dongles be an option for you?
    Some info here.
    Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Luckily any time I've spent in over the last year I always had patient WiFi to use (Beacon or SVPH).
    I'd go nuts without a decent tablet and WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

if you have time and your phone is sim free.get a conquer 48 sim.Never mind the age limit,just give them porky pies..Its packages are cheap as chips.The mitch plan will suit you.€15 15gb of net.Should be more then enough.

Got it sorted thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Was in the Bon Secours in Glasnevin earlier this year and they didn't have wifi. I had to tether from my phone which worked well.

Advertisement