Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duplicate Posts

2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I haven't read through this whole thread but why are people supposing that this unofficial Boards app is the root of the problem? I only use the normal Touch site (no app) but regularly get duplicated posts. It seems to happen when pressing 'back' (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to get back to the thread list after making a post, i.e. unless you press back several times very quickly, it resubmits the post.
    This. It didn't used to do this but the how the submit works seemed to change a while back. This duplication has been a pain in the ass since. I never use any app for boards btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Sorry for digging this up but it's getting on my nerves looking at duplicate posts all day :( ...

Can this app be stopped somehow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Our app is in development at the moment but not ready for general release just yet.

I'd recommend accessing touch.boards.ie through your mobile browswer-it is optimised for tablets and smartphones :)

Anyone have an update On this?

This was posted 8 months ago and there's still no app :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Version 1.0.0 was released the other day. It's the 6th(i think) update so far. I've been helping with testing along with others. It's almost there. There are 1 or 2 small issues still but should be ready soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

ken wrote: »
    Version 1.0.0 was released the other day. It's the 6th(i think) update so far. I've been helping with testing along with others. It's almost there. There are 1 or 2 small issues still but should be ready soon.

Mind sending me a copy of the apk? Pleeeeease! :pac:

Hope it's released soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mind sending me a copy of the apk? Pleeeeease! :pac:

Hope it's released soon.
    You tell me what that is and how to do it from an android phone and I'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I sometimes get duplicate posts thanks to three's intermittent 3G,if it cuts out just at the moment of posting two posts will pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ForEffsSake

Does anyone else get duplicate posts when they edit a post? Happens to me all the time, which is annoying.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

We're getting a slight upsurge in duplicates on the weather forum - five in a row from one user yesterday - and from asking around it seems to be related to their connection dropping while using the touch site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thanks for the heads up Lumi. Not much we can do about a dodgy connection, but we might be able to get something in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

That's happening to me on a fairly regular basis on Touch over the last month Dav.
    I usually spot it and delete the second one.
    Moto G 2nd Gen. Happens on Opera and Boat browsers. Don't think it has anything to do with signal as I have H+ 4 bars constantly and no problems on any other site.
    Every time I think about reporting it, it rights itself for a while.

Advertisement