Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEw nissan 1.6d engine

• 06-11-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭

Nissan are replacing their 2.0d Engine with this new 1.6 unit. Seems only to be offered in 4x4 in the Qashqai. I can see this one being a very big hit seen as its on €156 tax and has that little bit extra power that the Qashqai needs. For €1500 extra it wont break the bank either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Nissan are replacing their 2.0d Engine with this new 1.6 unit. Seems only to be offered in 4x4 in the Qashqai. I can see this one being a very big hit seen as its on €156 tax and has that little bit extra power that the Qashqai needs. For €1500 extra it wont break the bank either

Due out in Renault soon too. They will mating to auto boxes as well as manuals with better mpg on the auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

It would indeed be a winner.

I wonder if Skoda will do the same?
    They have a competent 1.6ltr engine they have mated with AWD in the Octavia but dont have the same on the Yeti which is only available on a 2ltd (€302 tax) engine.

4wd + low tax would tick a lot of boxes for the Irish consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

It would indeed be a winner.

I wonder if Skoda will do the same?
    They have a competent 1.6ltr engine they have mated with AWD in the Octavia but dont have the same on the Yeti which is only available on a 2ltd (€302 tax) engine.

4wd + low tax would tick a lot of boxes for the Irish consumer.

Am I the only one who thinks that €302 is still cheap tax? Are people forgetting that a 2L engine was over €600 to tax just 3 years ago??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Am I the only one who thinks that €302 is still cheap tax? Are people forgetting that a 2L engine was over €600 to tax just 3 years ago??:confused:

This is Ireland, spending the bones of €30k on a car is acceptable if the tax is €156 or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

bazz26 wrote: »
    This is Ireland, spending the bones of €30k on a car is acceptable if the tax is €156 or less.

So very true. Joe public will spend thousands more on a car to save just €100/year in tax :rolleyes:

I was having a car chat with my dad recently and we worked out that his 09 diesel Focus was costing him over €1000 extra to keep on the road compared to my 98 GS300 when tax/fuel/depreciation is all factored in to do 15kkm/yr :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Tax for a 2L is still over €600 for some of us :(
    What makes me angry is I'd only be paying about £130 tax for the same car in the UK. It would be great if we could optionally switch to CO2-based tax with older cars, then I could get this "cheap" €302 tax :) But seeing as this new system has been a complete disaster for the government I can't see them making any changes that would make them make even less money from motor tax...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Does anyone else think this car is too big for a 1.6 diesel with 4wd? Its also going in the quashqai +2
    I would rather have pay the extra 150 eur for tax a yr for a more powerful engine in a car of this size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Does anyone else think this car is too big for a 1.6 diesel with 4wd? Its also going in the quashqai +2
    I would rather have pay the extra 150 eur for tax a yr for a more powerful engine in a car of this size

The size of the engine itself is irrelevant. Its the Power and torque that matter. In most cases the latest generation of smaller capacity diesels are as powerful if not more powerful then the older gen larger engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    No I think the extra 20bhp or so provided by this engine will be enough for the Qashqai. The current 1.5 is a little on the small side alright, ive heard people say they would love more power in the Qashqai but wouldnt pay the €447 tax .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

ryanf1 wrote: »
    No I think the extra 20bhp or so provided by this engine will be enough for the Qashqai. The current 1.5 is a little on the small side alright, ive heard people say they would love more power in the Qashqai but wouldnt pay the €447 tax .
    I hope this engine makes it's way into the Juke as well.

I've spent a few days driving one across the highlands in Scotland and I've found it to be VERY good

• Advertisement
Advertisement