Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

99 Corolla Auto-Value?

• 11-08-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭

My aunt is looking to sell a 99 Corolla 1.3 3DR Automatic with only 34,000 miles on the clock from new. What kind of money is this going to get? Seems too good to scrap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

ryanf1 wrote: »
    My aunt is looking to sell a 99 Corolla 1.3 3DR Automatic with only 34,000 miles on the clock from new. What kind of money is this going to get? Seems too good to scrap

Ideal for an auld wan. The auto box is pedestrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

800 euros maybe more if its tested...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Ideal for an auld wan. The auto box is pedestrian.
    probably true seen as It was bought a few years ago from an old lady giving up driving
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    800 euros maybe more if its tested...
    NCT until 2013 ,I was thinking around the 1500 mark myself given such low miles and great condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Ya prob over the grand so. The only problem is the mileage is too low and no one will believe it unless you have a FSH..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i just paid 2250 for a 2000 3 door hatchback corolla last month with a years NCT and 3 months tax (and that was a fair price). mines the 1.6 but it didn't seem to command a premium over the 1.3/ 4's. 34,000 miles is fresh too.

i can see the auto box holding back the sale a bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

andyseadog wrote: »
    i just paid 2250 for a 2000 3 door hatchback corolla last month with a years NCT and 3 months tax (and that was a fair price). mines the 1.6.........

Wow, just wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

i just paid 2250 for a 2000 3 door hatchback corolla last month with a years NCT and 3 months tax (and that was a fair price). mines the 1.6 but it didn't seem to command a premium over the 1.3/ 4's. 34,000 miles is fresh too.

2250 for an almost 12 year old Corolla?

squod wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.

problem?

search donedeal, thats a very middle of the road price for a 00 corolla, seems anywhere between 15 or 1600 for a sh1tter, up to 2750 or that for a very clean example.

mine has a full toyota history from new and had the block replaced in 2007 by toyota for the oil burning issue they had.

i could have bought a 00 1.6 golf for similar money and watched it fall to crap while i wait.

squod wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.
    Owen wrote: »
    2250 for an almost 12 year old Corolla?

In fairness to Andy, that's what they are making, if any of us had 10 of them like the one he just bought you'd have them all sold in 3 months for €2250 I'd say :)

In the case of the OP's one I can't see it making too much over a grand if even that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

problem?

Not my money.

search donedeal, thats a very middle of the road price for a 00 corolla, seems anywhere between 15 or 1600 for a sh1tter, up to 2750 or that for a very clean example.

Difference between asking for big money for very old corollas and paying it.
    I wouldn't, each to their own etc.

i could have bought a 00 1.6 golf for similar money and watched it fall to crap while i wait.

The nuclear option. There's a shed load of better or newer cars to spend €2750 on I'm sure.

• Advertisement

they go for good money, a bit of a premium but they are a sure bet if you need reliability. and it suits me to the ground, its a reasonable looker from the outside, 6th gear gives it a decent composure on the motorway too. seeing economy in the mid 30's, nothing to scream about but sure its grand.

aircon, sunroof, all electics inside, front spots, alloy wheels, a few fancy OEM bits on the bodywork.

and @21 i insured it for 600 quid this year which i'm well pleased about.

admittedly in the same way fiats are known for unreliability i feel corollas are known for dullness.

i can see the auto box holding back the sale a bit though.
    Thats exactly what she paid for it in 2008. The 3 speed auto is not the best has to be said.
    Car is in amazing condition, the lady that owned it had a disabled passenger seat in it so the proper one was never used until 2008. Had new tyres and a few bits of paint touched up a while back. Im not sure about a FSH but i think there might be some. There is all previous NCT certs if there any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I sold a good condition Corolla with tax and test for.............sorry Andy..............€1400 last Nov.

I just wanted rid and took too many calls from sh!t talkers when I advertised it. Gave it to the mechanic who flogged it quickly.

I didn't like it and took a lose but oh well it was gone

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I sold a good condition Corolla with tax and test for.............sorry Andy..............€1400 last Nov.

I just wanted rid and took too many calls from sh!t talkers when I advertised it. Gave it to the mechanic who flogged it quickly.

I didn't like it and took a lose but oh well it was gone

no comparison between your corolla and Andys though, the 3 door 1.6 is a different proposition to a 1.4 saloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

RoverJames wrote: »
    no comparison between your corolla and Andys though, the 3 door 1.6 is a different proposition to a 1.4 saloon.
    That's very true in fairness.

I had the Grandad Sunday mass special. Even the local priest had the same car in the same colour.

Sorry I'm rambling after a few pints

Just to update this, the car was recently sold for €1450.

Advertisement