Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auris multimodal

• 08-02-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭

Is the new Auris multimode a decent alternative to say a vw golf auto? Looking at the 1.4 d4d mm but not sure about the fact it takes 14 seconds to do 0-100 but other than that looks good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No, its an awful gearbox, if you want an automatic auris buy the hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No, its an awful gearbox, if you want an automatic auris buy the hybrid.

Hybrid would be out of the question at that price. It's for a big diesel fan too

Ok, get the golf in that case. The multimode is a revised MMT box from years ago, its jerky and a pain to drive.

Or something else like an i30 as I feel an auto golf might be a bit dear.

Ok, get the golf in that case. The multimode is a revised MMT box from years ago, its jerky and a pain to drive.

Or something else like an i30 as I feel an auto golf might be a bit dear.

It's 26k for the TDI auto which is the same as the Auris hybrid.
    Are there any other good autos in a similar size and price range to these.

ryanf1 wrote: »

It's 26k for the TDI auto which is the same as the Auris hybrid.
    Are there any other good autos in a similar size and price range to these.
    Maybe check the skoda and seat equivalents. Leon and Octavia have new models out, i30 and ceed have a cracking 1.6 engine, not sure how modern the gearbox is though so there may be an mpg trade off

• Advertisement

Maybe check the skoda and seat equivalents. Leon and Octavia have new models out, i30 and ceed have a cracking 1.6 engine, not sure how modern the gearbox is though so there may be an mpg trade off

He's got a polo 1.6 TDI at the minute and its amazing on fuel but you can't get one with an automatic gearbox.
    Well be looking at the Octavia when it comes out but it might be a bit too big. Had a look at the auris since last night and that mmt does look pretty useless.

How about a yaris hybrid or a Honda insight, no idea what the insight costs but it should be cheap

Advertisement