Recommend a freesat receiver - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-03-2012, 01:46   #1
Headshot

Recommend a freesat receiver

Hey folks im hoping ye can help me out

I want to get a freesat receiver for my mother who isnt the best technology wise so im hoping the freesat receiver ill get will be very easy to use

I also want a large internal hard drive 500gb sounds good. Budget wise im not made of money, remember

She has saorview and im wondering is it possible to get a freesat receiver that will except saorview and even record it ?
Advertisement
22-03-2012, 07:35   #2
dodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
Hey folks im hoping ye can help me out

I want to get a freesat receiver for my mother who isnt the best technology wise so im hoping the freesat receiver ill get will be very easy to use

I also want a large internal hard drive 500gb sounds good. Budget wise im not made of money, remember

She has saorview and im wondering is it possible to get a freesat receiver that will except saorview and even record it ?
Have a look at the humax receiver. Always gets good reviews. Also have optional integrated storage. No real freesat/saorview combo solution available unfortunately although with all new tvs now supporting saorview, it will become less of an issue as time progresses I feel, with the only requirement being a small antenna for the best part of the population. A true combo box would be still be a preference for most though.

A few posts below yours throws up this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056568796

Last edited by dodzy; 22-03-2012 at 07:41.
22-03-2012, 10:55   #3
NIMAN

I own the Humax recorder but to be honest, after years of using Sky+, I didn't find it as user friendly.

But a good box all the same, not a single failed recording in 18 months of use, compared to maybe 1 per week with the Sky box.
22-03-2012, 11:23   #4
CGI_3

See my post (6) here on the Echostar:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056568796
26-03-2012, 01:07   #5
Headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGI_3 View Post
See my post (6) here on the Echostar:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056568796
Would I need 2 sat cables for that ? (ie like sky plus)
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 08:47   #6
NIMAN

If you want to watch another channel while recording, you will need 2 cables.

If you have only one cable you should be able to record but not able to change over.
26-03-2012, 10:46   #7
Digital Satellite TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
If you want to watch another channel while recording, you will need 2 cables.

If you have only one cable you should be able to record but not able to change over.

if you have a quad LNB on your dish, you could use a stacker/destacker to overcome the one cable issue...

http://youtu.be/kpgOjXHX7as

obviously, it's cheaper to just run the extra cable but in certain circumstances, the stacker/destacker can work out well for folks.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion