Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting camper for a weekend

Options
  • 08-10-2009 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Id like to buy a camper but my wife is reluctant, she says she wants to try one out first incase she hates it she's into her comfort especially the bed

It's very expensive to rent one for a dealer would anyone be willing to rent one for a weekend sometime next month in the dublin area

Obviously we'd give something of value like our new car as collateral

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Frank,

You might have problems getting a loan of a camper.

Firstly, there is a problem with the insurance, as motohome insurance is limited to names on the policy, and don't come with open drive. Also, you cannot transfer car insurance onto a motorhome for a weekend either (AFAIK).

Secondly, loaning a motorhome to someone is a bit like asking "can I live in your house this weekend" - how would you feel if asked that of your home??

Best of luck with your search - but even borrowing one, you need to know the configuration that suits your future plans, as this can be a big deciding factor - rent what you think you'll need in the future so that you have the best experience you can to make your decision in the future.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Frank,

Firstly, there is a problem with the insurance, as motohome insurance is limited to names on the policy, and don't come with open drive.
    M

Hi zoltar_boi
    Just to let you know that you can get Open Drive on a motorhome........My van has an open drive policy which is with Dolmen Insurance. I think it cost about €60 extra

Now on getting a loan of a van......I think your spot on there

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Thanks for the update Malta - better keep that quiet or the "family" will be looking to borrow it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

:D

Advertisement