Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anderson's Thatch Pub

Options
  • 03-10-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I'm back in Leitrim Fishing again this weekend and I have to compliment the hospitality of Gene Anderson at his Thatched pub near carrick on shannon. www.andersonspub.com see camping section

He welcomes all campervans and motorhomes and has some facilities including toilet washing machine/drier and fresh water..

He does not charge anything for this service and you can enjoy the traditional Irish music nightly in the thatch pub

Need I say more... Would love to get together with a few of you for a few pints here sometime..

I have to praise good service!! Well done Gene... more of you required! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

now theirs a plan a little end of season get together,we would be up for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

good plan Batman Macspower.. now someone figure out when the end of the season is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Just out from it now... what time is it? ... jeez... no closing in this place... there are still more left after me..

3 campers here tonight.. met some nice people from kildare..

I was also playing the music along with the owner.. great night..

He allows the campers inot the back yeard of the pub as well as the pub car par..

No leccy points but he says anyone is welcome to run an extension to the house

true hospitality.. also served by the countrys longest serving barman... at 82 years old he has worked here since he was 12... thanks Percy... it must be a record!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Thanks for posting this Macs, it looks like a great pub.Will be popping in for sure.:)

Advertisement