Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshall Amp Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

McMalley wrote:
    cheers for the honesty sei and karl. tbh the reason I put up this post was cuz ive no idea when it comes to the tech side of guitars, been playin 10 years but have no clue whats good etc. or what to look at. Im kinda all over the place with what Im into,some days its classic rock lizzy,zep,floyd,etc, some days its kinda emo stuff(ive no interest in the lyrics), other days its gnr,vh,the police,eits,changes all the time.any input would be appreciated.

Not a bother at all, we've all been fairly clueless at one stage or another. Sure when I started off playing I had no clue that amps had their own distortion, I thought it all came from pedals. :o

You might want to try a decent modelling amp, like one of the higher end Line 6 Spider II amps, Vox Valvetronix, or Roland Cube, as they should allow you get a wide variety of tones on a modest budget. You could even try a Line 6 Pod, or such. But over all, just try 'em for yourself.

Are you gigging or do you plan to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Buy an ENGL Thunder 50. I play a lot of the same stuff as you and the lead channel on the ENGL is pretty close to a "Marshall" sound with my les paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Giblet wrote:
    Buy an ENGL Thunder 50. I play a lot of the same stuff as you and the lead channel on the ENGL is pretty close to a "Marshall" sound with my les paul.

Definetly not a bad suggestion. ENGL make some of the best amps going today. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭McMalley

Ive played the line 6 spider a number of times and I have to say I was impressed and the price is good. The ENGL seem a bit more pricey than Im willing to go though but thanks for the suggestion anyway. I've been looking around online and the spider seems quite popular and Ive seen loadsa good reviews. It seems the best option so far

Advertisement