Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Film releases 2005/2006

Options
  • 16-03-2005 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Theres a couple ive heard about,Dont know much about them thow,

Any replies of other new releases or upcoming films would be greatly appreciated!

Week March 18th:
    RING 2:
    Rachel Keller (Naomi Watts) moves to a small Oregon town with her son, Aidan, to start a new life. When a few locals are killed and a strange videotape reappears, Rachel begins to realize that trouble has followed her from Seattle.

ICE PRINCESS:
    Casey, a brainy high-school girl (Michelle Trachtenberg), goes against the wishes of her domineering mother (Joan Cusack) when she decides to pursue her dream of becoming a figure-skating champion.

Week March 25th:
    GUESS WHO:
    A remake of the racially charged 1967 Sidney Poitier–Katharine Hepburn drama, this comedy follows a young man, Simon (Ashton Kutcher), as he meets his fiancée's father, Percy (Bernie Mac), for the first time.

D.E.B.S
    A group of high-school hotties is recruited by the FBI to become secrets agents.

Week April 1st:
    SIN CITY:
    Set in a rain-swept place called Sin City, this comic book adaptation follows Marv, a tough guy who meets the girl of his dreams, Goldie, only to see her murdered on that same night.

MAY 27th:
    MADAGASCAR:
    A bunch of animals that escape from a zoo and go to Madagascar? Dunno much bout this one, but its got Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith and Chris Rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Don't forget Star Wars and War of the Worlds - both coming out in May :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy coming out on April 29th i think.
    also, the remake of charlie and the chocolate factory with johnny depp is coming out in july!
    i must stop drooling....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

All the films you described sound like pants, except for Sin City and maybe Madagascar (which will no doubt be slightly entertaining, but disappointing overall). D.E.B.S ? *shudder*

A Scanner Darkly, War of the World, Corpse Bride maybe (looks like Nightmare Before Christmas), Episode III, Serenity, Land of the Dead (HELL YES), there's a whole bunch of films coming out that sound interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

.GUESS WHO:
    A remake of the racially charged 1967 Sidney Poitier–Katharine Hepburn drama, this comedy follows a young man, Simon (Ashton Kutcher), as he meets his fiancée's father, Percy (Bernie Mac), for the first time.

Oh in the name of all that is sweet and holy, remake a sidney poitier, spencer tracey and katherine hepburn movie with Aston Kuister and Bernie Mac?

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DOGS ABORTION OF AN IDEA FOR A FILM????? I WANT NAMES AND ADDRESSES AND THEN I"M COMING OVER TO YOUR OFFICE WITH A PACK OF RABID BADGERS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

koneko wrote:
    A Scanner Darkly, War of the World, Corpse Bride maybe (looks like Nightmare Before Christmas), Episode III, Serenity, Land of the Dead (HELL YES)/QUOTE]

Wow hoo, praise the zombie Renaissance, best of all (aside from Denis Hopper) is Simon Pegg and Edgar Rice turning down spoken cameos to play zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Indeed. It's about bloody time we had another Romero zombie flick. Cameos from Simon Pegg and Edward Wright (damnit which one of us is wrong!), and Tom Savini playing biker-guy again. Can't possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Don't forget Fantastic Four. That's out sometime in July. Looking forward to that one.
    Anyone know if King Kong is being released this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

King Kong is out in December
    War of the Worlds is out over here July 8th.

The only two hollywood films i'm really looking forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Unleashed - Jet Li film, April/May?

Am really looking forward to The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe at Xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Star Wars is out in May?

Thinking about it, that makes sense.

Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Egyptian wrote:
    Week March 25th:
    GUESS WHO:

That's not really a socially relevant concept anymore. If I was doing a remake I'd have had Jenna Bush brining her young muslim b/f home to meet daddy George. Working title : "Guess who's coming to Da'wah"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Sin City has been pushed back from April 22th to June 3 according to Imdb :mad: :(

I'm looking forward to The Fountain
    Kingdom of Heaven but Orlando Bloom is leading this :(
    and V for Vendetta

In 2006 the watchmen sounds good, I have let to read the comic but I've heard good things

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Can't wait for Tim Burton's take on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Don't forget:

Batman Begins* - 24th June
    Be Cool - 1st April
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 17 November
    Superman Returns - 28 July 2006
    Freddy Vs. Jason 2 - 31st December 2006
    > (why the fúck?!)

(*Thanks Pigman II)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It actually called Batman Begins. Batman Returns was the Tim Burton sequel from 1992.

Either way it should be the best blockbuster this summer IMHO.

//

Here's a useful page from IMDB for Irish (de facto UK) release dates http://www.imdb.com/ReleasedInYear?year=2005&country=UK

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmm.. was just thinking today should a teaser for King Kong not been released pretty soon? I'm expect a full trailer in August / September but come on PJ, as least give us a teaser here.

My 5 MUST-SEE films for the year (in no particular order):

Batman Begins
    Sin City
    Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
    King Kong
    Hitchhiker's Guide..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brad555

I am excited about Ring 2 and Sin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

king conan
    versus 2

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian