Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constantine - Matrix ripoff?

Options
  • 15-03-2005 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi people I know very little abuout Keanu Reeves' new film "Constantine", did anyone see it yet, Is it just trying to recreate the matrix??

Is it a Matrix rip-off? 16 votes

Yes total copy
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but thats why i want to watch It
    18% 3 votes
    Who gives a **** its keanu reeves therefor brilliant
    0% 0 votes
    No its original enough
    12% 2 votes
    No its totally different
    6% 1 vote
    i don't Care it will be crap anyway
    62% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

No it's not. It's based on the comic series Hellblazer. Nothing at all to do with The Matrix. Meet the Fockers has Robert DeNiro in it but that doesn't mean it has anything to do with Raging Bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well TBH why the hell did you make a poll about a movie you haven't even seen? :rolleyes:

Its nothing like the Matrix, the only similarities are the lead actor. Its not a very good film though but it had a few notable moments.

Its about as logical as a thread on asking if The bridges of madison county is a rip off on unforgiven :rolleyes:

Okay, thats ridiculous, maybe not THAT obvious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

anyone else think war of the worlds is a TOTAL rip-off of the original war of the worlds film? how unoriginal, eh?

...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Haven't seen it, but I like the look of it. Whether Reeve's is in it or not doesn't make a difference.

Looks a little like Matrix/Underworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I don't know about the film but read the hellblazer comics - they're cool and nothing like the matrix!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look any film that has a dark subject matter will get given a simular dark gritty
    feel by the movie making business. That does not make them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't see why you're drawing comparisons to the Matrix. I can only imagine it's because Keanu Reeves is in it. I didn't think the two were similar at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was having this conversation with someone yesterday, and have to admit - substitute the machines for demons, and Constantine does feel very similar to Reloaded & Revolutions. Funny thing, but I thought those two were pretty crap, and I thought Constantine was really crap. I think the main difference is that the Matrix movies had a few bits that were excellent (eg the dragon Ball style fight at the conclusion of revolutions, or the effects surrounding the virus twins), whereas most bits of constantine that did anythign at all felt (to me at least) like bad knockoffs of better films.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Constantine and The Matrix are about as similiar as Star Wars and Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tusky wrote:
    Constantine and The Matrix are about as similiar as Star Wars and Coronation Street.

(deep breath in and out)... I say, Ashley, i am your father!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Hi people I know very little abuout Keanu Reeves' new film "Constantine", did anyone see it yet, Is it just trying to recreate the matrix??

And I don't know something, I am too lazy/stupid/ignorant to find out about said thing, therefore, I like the human sponge, demand that people enlightment.

Man if humanity was all built like you, we'd still be waiting for people to invent something that makes the lightening from the sky magicaly appear.

Oh look you're banned, I somehow think the overall atmosphere intelligence and level of conversation around here has just improved a tad.....

Advertisement