Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend left phone behind in taxi

Options
  • 01-10-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

I got a taxi on Saturday evening (10.30ish) outside Gills pub after the game with two Clare friends of mine. I sat in the back with one of the lads and the other lad sat in the front.

The lad in the front took out his phone (a blackberry) to check it and the taxi driver asked him did he need to charge it - he had a charger and plugged it in. We got out at Hogans and went inside - my mate realised immediately that he left the phone in the taxi and tried ringing it straight away but there was no answer and then after a while it was turned off.

We didn't take note of the taxi drivers name but it was a Toyota Prius and the driver was African who lived in Cork till about 7-8 years ago. Is it worth reporting it with such little information about the driver?

Has anyone else hear of a similar scam? I reckon it is a scam by the way he didn't answer the phone - he couldn't have been that far away as Aungier Street was fairly busy at that hour of Saturday eve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Contact one of the lost property collecting garda stations to see if is handed it; one of these. If you can identify the type of car then that's a big plus.
    • Irishtown: 01 666 9600
    • Store Street: 01 666 8000
    • Finglas: 01 666 7500
    • Tallaght: 01 666 6000
    • Shankill: 01 666 5900
    It's unfar to call it a scam given that it was your friends mistake that he forgot his phone, though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed. I've re-titled the thread.

OP, please consider the wording of your posts in future. The less emotive and inflammatory they are, the more reasoned a response they're likely to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Similar thing happened to me. Got out of taxi. Door still open. Realised I had left my phone on the seat. Told him to wait. Drives off at full speed with door still open.

I was just standing there godsmacked watching him speed off with the door flying around. Actually pretty funny looking back, particularly because I had insurance.

And he was Irish btw

EDIT: Guards tried to check CCTV of nearby road but (surprise) it was too blury

Advertisement