Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Wils110 wrote: »
    Got the same call I questioned the background checks still had to be done...don't worr bout that I was told

Don't worry bout it too much man. They are thorough. Very thorough. But as long as there was no bullsh1t on them, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

I have my first assessment on Monday guys & was wondering if anyone could PM me with tips & advice please? I haven't done an interview in 6 years so pretty nervous about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Through to Second Assessment, Delighted :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

That's great Tommy. When is your next assessment?

Through to Second Assessment, Delighted :-D

congrats Tommy can you give me any tips/advice?

mar2000 wrote: »
    That's great Tommy. When is your next assessment?

Hey thanks :-) Its towards the end of next week

crby wrote: »

congrats Tommy can you give me
    any tips/advice?

PM sent :-)

Silly question time guys......will shirt & tie do for the interview or is full suit advised?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

PM sent :-)

Could you forward that to me please too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 mcnially

I'm in the Feb bunch and they called my current employer yesterday as regards to background check... so they are well under way
    Got the same call I questioned the background checks still had to be done...don't worr bout that I was told

Excited

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGuy1976

Got contract emailed today.

Looking forward to starting in February

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

well done everyone looking forward to seeing you guys when you begin the consensus is wear what you'd normally wear for a interview although it is a different format can always take jacket off when you get in but regards the job casual gear acceptable-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi All,
    I did apply for a position in Sky but did not get the role. Sucks but best of luck to everyone who got the roles they applied for.

I did however get a role in a different firm so hapy as larry myself.

;-)

Sorry for probably a silly question guys but do anyone know of someone that didnt pass the second assessment?

Im just wondering is it hard to pass the second assessment! I have mine next week!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, im just really curious!

Tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just got an email...

Subject to background check, I'm in!! Wooooohoooooo

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Just got an email...

Congrats :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Just got an email...

Congratulations Cianan2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Well Sky are hardly cheap. And in the current economic climate, it's the cost of bills that people are worrying about, not having 'one tidy Sky bill'. I'm quite happy with the 150 channels on my combi box.... And it doesn't cost me a single cent. So you can keep the sales pitch for your new callers.

Do you work in the sky office with me Tripper and Chuck?? if not,then your talking through your arse about speeds etc. im on the trial BB for staff at the moment and its faster than the bull your spewing! Personal opinion vs experience with the product! Good girl yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Ciaran219 wrote: »
    Do you work in the sky office with me Tripper and Chuck?? if not,then your talking through your arse about speeds etc. im on the trial BB for staff at the moment and its faster than the bull your spewing! Personal opinion vs experience with the product! Good girl yourself

What's the speeds like is it alright for gaming an that and is just plugged it the phone line

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

What's the speeds like is it alright for gaming an that and is just plugged it the phone line

Yeah its perfect man, not sure if i can comment on exact speeds etc. but i game online and its perfect. no lagging or skipping. downloads are perfect too

• Advertisement

great news cianan well done welcome aboard

hey ladshad my first interview this morning, went ok i thought but one of the questions threw me a bit but hopefully i recovered well enough, i'll let you know if i get a second interview...fingers crossed!

best o luck and let us know
    what sort of question was it?

tripper63 wrote: »
    best o luck and let us know
    what sort of question was it?

something along the lines of...

"something you did to show empathy to customer, what i did exactly and what i could have done to do it better"

i had an example for it i just dont think i put it across the way i wanted to!

i remember it caught me off guard too. if its any consolation anyone i spoke to left the interview not exactly sure had they done well. best thing is to put it away in to a box and leave it behind you. move forward to next interview which you will find easier just for the fact having been there today i promise

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

i had my second assessment, think they are undergoing background check, am all confident about them but wondering they are asking for bank statement in colored sheets but im registered with estatements so asked bank person, they cant issue a colored one,so what do you think I should do??can we ask for hike for pay for service advisor role??

really nervous to hear what next so do we have another assessment after second?any suggestions

hey i got the call!! am into march batch.....so happy with the news:)

got called this morning passed my first assessment & have my second next thursday! if someone could PM me what to expect that would be great :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Can anyone PM me and give me a heads up with regards to the selection session for team lead? It'd be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

got called this morning passed my first assessment & have my second next thursday! if someone could PM me what to expect that would be great :-)

Well done :-)

If its this Thursday I have mine aswell :-) If you get any help id be greatfull if you throw some this way :-)

me tooo...are they looking for leads??/any suggestions on the process??ive been chosen for advisor but senior....

Well done :-)

If its this Thursday I have mine aswell :-) If you get any help id be greatfull if you throw some this way :-)

Hey Tommy, no mine is next Thursday so it's gonna hev to be you filling me in when your done ha :)

Hey Tommy, no mine is next Thursday so it's gonna hev to be you filling me in when your done ha :)

Will do buddy :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

If anyone is going for the Customer service manager roles and needs some advice on the interview drop me a line. more than willing to help where i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Anyone able to give me a PM on tips on part 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Got confirmation of open evening on January 3rd this afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuarezLFC

Joyce88 wrote: »
    Got confirmation of open evening on January 3rd this afternoon :)
    Got that call the other day . Can't wait now.

I'm in the 2nd of jan at 6:30 for open day

Joyce and Suarez you get your contracts yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 SuarezLFC

I got mine about a month ago wills. There must be a lot starting in jan So I'f there is two meet and greet's

There is yea my mate had the 1st assesment last week an if she gets it she starts on th 7 th aswell

Finished at half four that day, so won't get to see any of you there. But enjoy. It's good craic.

Edit: any of you coming into Broadband & Talk?

Chuck do you work with a girl called Kelly Ann

Chuck do you work with a girl called Kelly Ann

She's not on my team, but I work with her alright. Why so?

I know her from me old job,heard today she was in there on the Internet team she a good bit o banter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Yup about 6 weeks ago.

I only had 2nd assessment 4 weeks ago il ring em next week if I hear nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

I had my first assessment on tuesday and got word yesterday that I have my second interview on friday week. Looking forward to it but not entirely sure what to expect. Any heads up would be great. Its for the sales advisor role. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

hey guys can anyone tell me what is the pay like for service agent is it reasonable enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 komitskio

Hi BrookieD!
    I applied for service manager with Sky, I've passed successfully the phone interview this Tuesday and they will be inviting me for next two stages today. I'm from Bulgaria and the trip will be quite complicated, that's why Sky guys are willing to do those in two consecutive days, but anyway...my question is do you have more info on the role play assessment interview?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bore

• Advertisement
Advertisement