Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone ever baught a package from whartons travel ??

Options
  • 06-12-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hey all

Just wondering if they are good..
    Has anyone here every got a soccer package from them?

Im very careful about buying off the internet as i was kinda scammed in the past!!

Thanks in advance all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Hey all

Im very careful about buying off the internet as i was kinda scammed in the past!!

Thanks in advance all
    These are the guys based in Cavan right?
    ive bought packages from them many times before and never had a problem. Any trips I was on were to Liverpool. Ticket is guaranteed, they drop you to the hotel and bring you to the game and back to the hotel.

Only problem is, to Liverpool, it's a long bus trip as they go on the boat and drive up from hollyhead. Other than that I'd recomend them. I've been to league and champions league games with them, including semi final against Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You should try asking the same question here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hey all

Thanks in advance all

They are a genuine company, and you get exactly what the advertise. Which is tickets to the game, and travelling by bus from the ferry port to Liverpool.but as has already been said, it is a painfully long trip, and one that can be done much quicker by air.

They are expensive in terms of what you get though.

Generally speaking it is cheaper to source your own tickets and accomadation and fly direct to John Lennon Airport, or even to Manchester airport and get the train across to Lime Street station in Liverpool.

The only shame for us in Limerick is that the Ryan flight from Shannon to Liverpool is gone, but the Ryanair flight from Cork to Liverpool is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

it would be a manchester united game..

i was looking into sourcing everything separately but was finding it hard to get 5 tickets.. would be ok if it was only 2-3 but i need 5. better get my ass in gear though as they are christmas presents!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I have gone on many trips with Whartons. Very friendly to deal with. It is great to have everything organised for you, so all you need to worry about is having a good time. Highly recommended

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fascinating stuff! Shame you didn't tell us about it 18 months ago when this thread was still relevant.

Zombie thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement