Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows, fascia and guttering - cleaning recomendations!

Options
  • 04-07-2011 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anyone as I need to get my outside windows and fascia washed and my gutterings in need of a good clean out also. I've come across a company called Glanog who quoted me €100 for the lot which seems fair enough but just wondering if anyone has used them or can give me any names of people they'd recommend. Just want a good honest job done with no complications! Thanks in advance. (I'm in Dooradoyle by the way)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Got mine done 2 weeks ago by some guy who was just calling door to door, did exactly what you want aswell, cost 100 so id just go with that crowd who quoted you as that is a good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Max123

Thanks for that Kilburn. Since then I've got a quote of €60 from a guy who called around with a flyer last week. This guy wouldn't be power washing though and I'm just wondering if the guy that called to you power washed or just used sponge and bucket???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hi max, ya the guy that called to me used a power washer, the windows, facia and soffit and windows took an hour. In fairness the gutters were desperate bad had a few trees growing up there. I would imagine a guy with a bucket and sponge would struggle with the real ground in dirt and it would take him half the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

100 notes for a power washed job is a very good price..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Max123 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend anyone as I need to get my outside windows and fascia washed and my gutterings in need of a good clean out also. I've come across a company called Glanog who quoted me €100 for the lot which seems fair enough but just wondering if anyone has used them or can give me any names of people they'd recommend. Just want a good honest job done with no complications! Thanks in advance. (I'm in Dooradoyle by the way)

Just wondering did you ever get this job done? If you did and were happy any possibility of letting me know by who? PM or post ,up to you.

Just need the gutters and downpipes cleaned out and washed.. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

€100 to clean the gutters and windows. Seems expensive.

I had my house painted 2 weeks ago which included cleaning the gutters, fascias and washing all the windows for €400

He didn't use a power washer but the result is still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Max123

Widescreen wrote: »
    Just wondering did you ever get this job done? If you did and were happy any possibility of letting me know by who? PM or post ,up to you.

Just need the gutters and downpipes cleaned out and washed.. thanks.

Hi Widescreen

I did indeed get the job done. Used a guy called Simon from a company called Glanog (www.glanog.ie). He did a good cleanout of the gutters (which were in a bad way in fairness!), the outside windows and the fascia for €100 all in. He seemed like a nice hardworking fellow and I'd say we'd use him again without hesitation. He has the appropriate public liability insurance (v important as most people don't realize that a worker like that is not covered under your average house insurance policy so you'd be in a right spot of financial bother if some lad "fell" off his ladder on the job with no insurance of his own....). He also was very good to keep in touch, it was (as always!) raining the first couple of days he was due to come so he had to cancel which in fairness he did in plenty of time. I take this to be a good sign of a character as most tradesmen I've used recently wouldn't bother giving a ring to say they weren't going to show up so that was appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Max123 wrote: »
    Hi Widescreen

I did indeed get the job done. Used a guy called Simon from a company called Glanog (www.glanog.ie). He did a good cleanout of the gutters (which were in a bad way in fairness!), the outside windows and the fascia for €100 all in. He seemed like a nice hardworking fellow and I'd say we'd use him again without hesitation. He has the appropriate public liability insurance (v important as most people don't realize that a worker like that is not covered under your average house insurance policy so you'd be in a right spot of financial bother if some lad "fell" off his ladder on the job with no insurance of his own....). He also was very good to keep in touch, it was (as always!) raining the first couple of days he was due to come so he had to cancel which in fairness he did in plenty of time. I take this to be a good sign of a character as most tradesmen I've used recently wouldn't bother giving a ring to say they weren't going to show up so that was appreciated!

Many thanks for quick response, think I will give him a shout,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I was looking for someone myself for my mam and dads house and that review by Max is enough to convince me .... ( I just read that back and it sounds like a late night infomercial :D )

If anyone else is thinking of trying him he is on Holidays until the 15th Aug , I just phoned him there , he took my detail and will phone me back when he is back .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement