Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVB-S2 TeVii S464 and Windows Media Centre 7

Options
  • 26-08-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

How naive can you get !
    I currently have a dual DVB-T and DVB-S card in my PC (Windows 7 Home Premium upgraded a couple of years back from Vista) which works fine. I use Windows Media Centre all the time.

I purchased a TeVii S464 card to enable me to get the BBC HD channels. I assumed I would just install the card and load the latest driver and away you go but not quite.

Some background.

The card installs fine and is visible in WMC but it will not pick up a Satellite signal. However it will play TV programs tuned previously with my old card.

When I reset up my TV signal in WMC but said I was in London as opposed to Laois it could get a sat signal and it did tune in channels but apparently only DVB-S ones.

I installed a viewer that came with the card and it could get a signal and tuned in DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels so the card would appear to be installed correctly.

I have spent the last two frustrating nights googling and trying various suggestions but no joy.

Anybody able to offer any insight into
    A. Will WMC 7 actually work with DVB-S2?
    B. Depending on the answer to A, how do I get it to work !

Any insights appreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've had two TeVii DVB S2 cards and had no problems tuning either to work with HD channels with WMC 7. The fact that you can view stuff using the viewer that came with the card proves there's nothing wrong with the card.
    Have a go at manually scanning the relevent transponders. If you check online you'll get plenty of sites listing the details, try http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/index.php for some excellent advice.
    Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/television/satellite/channels.html for an up to date listing of the HD channel details.
    Remember to do a single transponder scan for the channels you want - not a full scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What Gyck said. Look on Kingofsat and filter on HD and free-to-air and you'll see the two transponders you need to manually scan for the BBC HD channels.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&hdtv=1&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

The reason you need to do this is that the transponder / channel lists that WMC uses are hopelessly out of date, and MS seem unwilling and/or unable to do anything about it. Same goes for adding new channels to the EPG lineups.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 lartsa

Cheers

Was able to manually tune in the channels.

Strangely I could not get any signal on the satellite when I had my location as Ireland. Only when I set my location as London did I have success!

Advertisement