Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All aboard the Bandwagon....

• 06-12-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I am with rugby i only watch the important matches, everything else i usually watch all the time.
    Oh i can't wait for the fight on Sat night it is gonna be brill, we have a big game of poker organised before the fight so it should be a good night.
    Im banned from the boxing forum so i can't talk about it there :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

I'll bring cookies!

But, I reckon it cause you'll be in the pub or at work and some lad will go "Did you watch the match?" and the conversation dies to quickly when you go "No".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'll post on any thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I've been looking forward to this fight for a while, then again i am a bit of a boxing fan.

Promises to be more exciting than the De La Hoya fight..... Hatton will bring Mayweather more of a scrap ( hopefully ) than a boxing match and i don't think the 3rd can handle that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not a boxing fan in any way. It's a pointless sport really. However Hatton is a City fan so I'd have to root for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Cannot wait for this fight and I just found out a friend of mine is getting it and invited me over to watch it!!! Friends... Is there anything they can't do!?! :D:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

No. This fight is over hyped because it is an American fighting a Brit. If it were two boxers of the same calibre from two other countries, we would hear nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

There is this polish boxer Andrew Golota. Back in 1997 he was fighting Lennox Lewis for a WBC Heavyweight Title. The fight was in Las Vegas, at 4.a.m. our time. So me and few mates stayed up, to watch it. Just before the fight I went to the bathroom - when I came back it was all over. It took Lewis about 40 seconds to knock Golota out.

Hope the same thing won't happen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

pd101 wrote: »
    No. This fight is over hyped because it is an American fighting a Brit. If it were two boxers of the same calibre from two other countries, we would hear nothing about it.

I disagree.

I think the main reason that this is grabbing so much attention is that it's clash between the Bling Bling/pompous Mayweather and the down-to-earth/modest/working class Hatton.

Should promise to be a classic. Though Ricky is really up against it. Mayweather is fast, and has a far reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

At live hurling/soccer/football games I'll be roaring with the best of them but telly games just don't get me going like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

does anybody know what time the fight is scheduled for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

What is it about these major sporting events that you feel you just have to be a part of it?

Probably that you didn't get enough love as a child.

kraggy wrote: »
    I disagree.

I think the main reason that this is grabbing so much attention is that it's clash between the Bling Bling/pompous Mayweather and the down-to-earth/modest/working class Hatton.

Should promise to be a classic. Though Ricky is really up against it. Mayweather is fast, and has a far reach.

+1 Its gonna be epic!

Coverage starts at 11pm I think so I'd say it'll be around 12:30am/1am that the fight itself will start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It's not expected to start until about 4a.m depending on what happens on the undercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is free on RTL for those with access to it.

4am! Ah well I ain't getting any sleep saturday night!!! :D:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'll prob come home early and watch it, it's on free TV here. Hate the way Sky hype things up and even though you are already paying a substantial amount to pay for their sports subscription, they then expect you to pay an additional €22 for 1 event. Would be a right kick in the nuts if there was a KO in round 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Maybe. Or, it could be because you touch yourself at night.

Dya think? I reckon it has more more to do with the summer a stray dog licked jam off your balls whilst you sniffed a pair of ricky hattons used underpants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I want Hatton to win, but I think Mayweather will beat him by a mile on points.
    He won't knock him out though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dragan wrote: »
    I've been looking forward to this fight for a while, then again i am a bit of a boxing fan.

And the Pope is a bit religious?...

This one promises to be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The really big TV sporting event is on RTE 2 at 12 on Sunday. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mairt wrote: »
    And the Pope is a bit religious?...

This one promises to be a cracker.

:D

I see Hatton taking it, and thats not just wishful thinking. I don't think Mayweather can keep him off him long enough. I think Hatton gonna roll forward in a war of attrition mode. Mayweather will throw more punches, but Hatton will throw more Punches that hurt.

Expect Mayweather to be wary of body shots and expect Hatton to feed them in until the middle rounds and then start throwing feints and hooks to the head just when Mayweather things he has his pattern down.

Mayweather's corner comes up with some great game plans, but Hatton is better at mixing it up i feel, and is the smarter fighter so you'll see mid round shifts from Hatton while Mayweather will need to go back to his corner and be told what to do.

Mayweather can win on points, but i think Hatton can win it with a knockout late if he plays his cards right.

Although, all that said, i could be completely wrong. It's happened before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dragan wrote: »
    :D

I see Hatton taking it, and thats not just wishful thinking. I don't think Mayweather can keep him off him long enough. I think Hatton gonna roll forward in a war of attrition mode. Mayweather will throw more punches, but Hatton will throw more Punches that hurt.

Expect Mayweather to be wary of body shots and expect Hatton to feed them in until the middle rounds and then start throwing feints and hooks to the head just when Mayweather things he has his pattern down.

Mayweather's corner comes up with some great game plans, but Hatton is better at mixing it up i feel, and is the smarter fighter so you'll see mid round shifts from Hatton while Mayweather will need to go back to his corner and be told what to do.

Mayweather can win on points, but i think Hatton can win it with a knockout late if he plays his cards right.

Although, all that said, i could be completely wrong. It's happened before.

I more or less see it the same way. But I'm worried that Ricky will run out of steam given his work rate in a fight, and his pre-season conditioning (which is well known to be pretty much non-existant). Although he gets into superb condition for his fights, that kind of regime isn't great for an athletes stamina.

But as you and I both now, your only as good as your last fight and anything can go on the night.

Advertisement