Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Santa !

• 06-12-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

What can I say except Bah Humbug :D

"Better watch out: Microsoft shuts down Santa for talking dirty
    Associated Press
    Dec. 5, 2007 04:16 PM

SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. quickly shut down Santa Claus' Web privileges after it found out the automated elf it created for kids to instant message with was talking naughty, not nice.

Last year, Microsoft encouraged kids to connect directly to "Santa" by adding northpolelive.com to their Windows Live Messenger contact lists. The Santa program, which Microsoft reactivated in early December, asked children what they wanted for Christmas and could respond on topic, thanks to artificial intelligence.

The holiday cheer soured this week when a reader of a United Kingdom-based technology news site, the Register, reported that a chat between Santa and his underage nieces about eating pizza prompted Santa to bring up oral sex."

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1205bad-santa1205-ON.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

To be fair, it's pretty easy to go from pizza to oral sex :)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I love how the words "oral sex" are now "foul language" according to Microsoft...niiiice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It is when talking to a kid.

El Reg says: pizza (pi)

Santa says: Yum! What do you want for Christmas, El Reg?

El Reg says: Maybe you shouldn't eat so much! You are quite large!

Santa says: My elves will get right on that. And what else are you wishing for this year, El Reg?

El Reg says: Maybe you shouldn't eat it?

Santa says: See if you can get someone else to eat it!

El Reg says: Eat it

Santa says: No thank you. I don't eat things!

Santa says: See if you can get someone else to eat it!

Santa says: You want me to eat what?!? It's fun to talk about oral sex, but I want to chat about something else...

El Reg says: You dirty bastard!

Santa says: I think you're dirty bastard.

Its all a bit out of context without the transcripts I think.

Source: The Register

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Disturbing news has reached our Yuletide youthful innocence bunker that Microsoft's new artificial intelligence-powered Santa bot is subjecting the world's children to an unprecendented torrent of filth.
    I know the Register can sometimes be liberal with their headlines, but this is straight from the News of the World or the Daily Mail, more than a tad over the top.

The program responded to a series of stupid questions by replying back with what was said to it. Not exactly exposing the world's children to an unprecedented torrent of filth. There are more sexual connotations and foul language in an average episode of The Simpsons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement