Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed microwave glass plate

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MooseJam wrote:
    you wouldn't like my cooking while I'm angry

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it anyways if you had to use the microwave to cook it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MooseJam wrote:
    What would happen if you broke the glass door of a microwave, would it start microwaving the whole room ?, if you stuck your hand in while it was turned on what would it feel like ?
    It's the metal grid/mesh that keeps the microwaves in the oven. remove that and they would still bounce into the room whether the glass was there or not.

Warm and getting warmer.

There was a case of a fast food worker who had his kidneys cooked ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Orange69 wrote:
    Use your time machine to go back in time and prevent yourself from breaking the glass plate..

So obvious like...
    Placing a cup of instant coffee in a microwave oven has been shown to produce the unique cafe-Lorenze-Fitzgerald time contraction effect. Not sure if you can time travel if the turntable is missing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Uh, OP: They can be purchased separately (There are two or three common sizes as far as I know.)
    Roches Stores used to have 'em... oopsy. :) Try(In order) Tesco & Dunnes , Power City, Atlantic Homecare et al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Placing a cup of instant coffee in a microwave oven has been shown to produce the unique cafe-Lorenze-Fitzgerald time contraction effect. Not sure if you can time travel if the turntable is missing though.

Yes i believe that the turntable is required to complete the process. It regulates the folding of the time space continuum before the wormhole is created.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

fullerand wrote: »
    Thanks Lennox, might try that. Only downside is that it won't turn around during cooking. Dunno how important that is tho

On a less silly note than the rest of this thread, thanks to infererence of the microwaves, there are points in the microwave where is is much warmer and points where it's cooler. (Constructive and Destructive Interference) The point of the turning is to make sure that it heats evenly - the points where it's hotter are on different parts of the thing being heated, so it heats evenly.

So it'll work grand without it, though it might be an idea to open it up and turn whatever you're heating once or twice so you don't get a frozen patch and a burnt patch

A microwave oven is quite a good Brownian Motion producer.

I advise using a metal plate to cook food on. And to put CDs in there too. Those CDs used for cleaning discmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I advise using a metal plate to cook food on. And to put CDs in there too. Those CDs used for cleaning discmen.

discmen is that a new species

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Maybe it was intentional...headless nouns...headless people on fire...you see the link, right? RIGHT? BURN 'EM ALL, tatatata!

All lawsuits re: injuries as a result of following boneyarsebogman's suggestions can be directed to boneyarsebogman or Santa... ya dumbass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Raphael wrote: »
    On a less silly note than the rest of this thread, thanks to infererence of the microwaves, there are points in the microwave where is is much warmer and points where it's cooler. (Constructive and Destructive Interference)

that's why microwaves are so good as time machines, you simply modify them to affect time instead of heat, which creates "timeflows" like heat dispersion (but in essense function as a wormhole) which you can utilize to travel through time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

OP name is Leela?Leela Taranga??:cool:look like you just killed that bending unit huh.......not very impulsive at all...

sorry....>_<just cant help myself...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement