Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed microwave glass plate

Options
  • 22-09-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Oopsy, managed to smash the glass turntable plate in the microwave this morning.

Does anybody know if there are standard replacement plates you can buy that work with any microwave? It's an LG (bought ~ 2 years ago in Power City so warranty's dead) - the support hotline is open Mon-Fri but need to use it this weekend!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

rob one from somebody else's microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The very first place you should try is After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Use your time machine to go back in time and prevent yourself from breaking the glass plate..

So obvious like...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Aha, I see. My bad, would've been better in Home & Garden I guess. Move at will!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

There isn't a catergory under home and garden which would be suitable for this.

I'm off to request a household forum.

• Advertisement

Microwave forum ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

The-Rigger wrote:
    Microwave forum ftw.

Id like to tack on a motion to have the new forum cater for microwaves and time machines..

Microwave & time machine forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The-Rigger wrote:
    Microwave forum ftw.

Oh oh I call mod!

*jumps from foot to foot*

Wertz wrote:
    Oh oh I call mod!

*jumps from foot to foot*

Wanna go splitsies?

Orange69 wrote:
    Id like to tack on a motion to have the new forum cater for microwaves and time machines..

Microwave & time machine forum.

I 2nd that motion.

Microwaves and Time Machines forum it is.

Has anyone got DeV or Regi's phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Advertisement

Hell no, power diluted is no power at all.
    Imagine the possibilities as I cajole lonely housewives enquiring about a problem with their appliances...

KNEEL BEFORE WERTZ BIATCH!

Wertz wrote:
    Hell no, power diluted is no power at all.
    Imagine the possibilities as I cajole lonely housewives enquiring about a problem with their appliances...

KNEEL BEFORE WERTZ BIATCH!

the microwave bit was my suggestion, the time machine yours, it's a good mix, lets work togther, get it togther biatch.

show your support to the Microwave and Time Machine forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Microwave plates are different from maker to maker. I think you can get a microwave for about €40.00 in Tesco (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

For the moment, can't you just use a microwave safe plate instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lennox1

Fullerand,I broke mine 2years ago and have been using a clear pyrex plate since then,no problem.

The-Rigger wrote:
    the microwave bit was my suggestion, the time machine yours, it's a good mix, lets work togther, get it togther biatch.

show your support to the Microwave and Time Machine forum.

How did you know I was intent on returning to Oct 2006, registering as Orange69 and then making a combo forum suggestion?

*The-Rigger is bundled into a black van with no plates*

Sorted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How did you break it? It never leaves the microwave?

lennox1 wrote:
    Fullerand,I broke mine 2years ago and have been using a clear pyrex plate since then,no problem.

Thanks Lennox, might try that. Only downside is that it won't turn around during cooking. Dunno how important that is tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

...they need to be cleaned the odd time!

No high larious story I'm afraid. GF was trying to clean it by microwaving a bowl of water for 10min. Unfortunately she accidentally turned it onto grill instead of microwave, and the think smashed after a few min. It wasn't properly vented, probably didn't help either

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nunu wrote:

What????? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

fullerand wrote:
    No high larious story I'm afraid. GF was trying to clean it by microwaving a bowl of water for 10min. Unfortunately she accidentally turned it onto grill instead of microwave, and the think smashed after a few min. It wasn't properly vented, probably didn't help either

AAHHhhhahahahahhaha.

fullerand wrote:
    GF was trying to clean it by microwaving a bowl of water for 10min.

WTH?

Wertz wrote:
    WTH?

Agreed - the first time I saw it. Apparently the steam that comes off it moistens any dirt inside it, makes it dead easy to wipe off afterwards.

Ah right, like kind of steam cleaning it? True Pyrex glass shouldn't break at those sort of temps though, unless it was already cracked.
    Personally I find some washing up detergent and a cloth, then a good rinse with cold water and sticking the micro on for 30 seconds does the trick...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nunu wrote:
    I weighed that up and thought that somebody posting about it on After Hours on boards would not be doing such a think.

See!

Also, wth is she at lol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nunu wrote:

You are obviously not a student. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I remember back in the day in college we were asked to design a microwave. The key features of mine was 1000 W power output (really fast cooking), and an intergrated time machine (this was an optional extra). I kid you not. It was called the RADiTRON 5000. This new forum would be perfect for my invention...

Microwave & Time Machine Forum++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

What would happen if you broke the glass door of a microwave, would it start microwaving the whole room ?, if you stuck your hand in while it was turned on what would it feel like ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MooseJam wrote:
    What would happen if you broke the glass door of a microwave, would it start microwaving the whole room ?, if you stuck your hand in while it was turned on what would it feel like ?

I'm pretty sure it would turn you into the hulk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm pretty sure it would turn you into the hulk.

you wouldn't like my cooking while I'm angry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement