Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair straightener?

• 15-03-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a cheapish but good brand hair straightener?

my hair is pretty dry and thick. i have a BabyBliss hair straightner which is completely useless, it doesn't flatten my hair. i'm hoping this is a problem with the hair straightener and not my actual hair? maybe a different one would work better?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Remington do a fairly decent one for a bout 50 or 60 euro, I have mine a good couple of years now, but still working like a treat. A friend bought one just a few months ago and it seems theyre still making em good!

this is them here,

http://www.remington-products.com/haircare/si_s-1003.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

This one. Remington 2x protection slim straightener

Absolutely excellent. Cost me 30 euro in sam mccaulys. Got it when my GHD blew up. Found it done the exact same as the GHD and i thought nothing would be as good. Only got it until i had the money to get another GHD, in the end stuck to the Remington. (the wet to straight is crap). And i have very thick, very curly hair and it goes dead straight.

http://www.buy4now.ie/smcc/productdetail.aspx?pid=1574&loc=P&catid=24.3.0 Looks exactly like this but the name of the one i have on the box said "Remington 2x protection slim straightener"

Oh and btw i bought it last July and still working as good as ever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yea, that 2x remington is excellent. I used thick GHD to straighten and then the remington to make it shiny and get rid of frizz. My hair is seriously curly and remington straightens it really well.

Try to buy it in Boots. I've had a couple of old rem. ones and wire loosened. Boots replace them no bother. Upgraded me even to the 2X which was on sale and refunded me the diferrence. Great service!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Villaricos wrote:
    Remington do a fairly decent one for a bout 50 or 60 euro, I have mine a good couple of years now, but still working like a treat. A friend bought one just a few months ago and it seems theyre still making em good!

this is them here,

http://www.remington-products.com/haircare/si_s-1003.htm

i have this one too...its very good and my hair would be quite hard to straighten..i think i paid £50stg for it so probably works out at about 70euro which aint bad considering the price of the over-rated GHDs! I also had Mark Hill-Morphy Richard ones before the Remmingtons and they were fantastic..i just couldnt find them when i went to buy new ones!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Another vote for Remington.

I have the same one as Going Demented I would highly recommend it (paid €50 for mine though, grrr! :)). My hair is easy to straighten as it's fine but I've used it on a friend with thick wavy hair and it worked really well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I have it too..just cost 30 yo yos!!! its brill!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Kolodny wrote:
    (paid €50 for mine though, grrr! :)).

Dont worry Kolodny, i actually bought two. First one lasted one week before i threw it at someone who was annoying the poop outta me. So in the end cost me €60 ;)

OP go get it now, seems most people are recommending it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I have the Remington 3x Sleek and Curl, which is awesome on my hair, I have very thick coarse wavy hair... and it straightens it no problem... cost me €65 in Tesco last Christmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

seconded! The 3x Sleek and Curl is fabulous. I love the curls it does. I went to Argos actually. It seemed they have it cheapest.

Advertisement