Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colour to put with this..?

Options
  • 09-03-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Bought this dress for a wedding in april....
    Not sure what colour shoes, bag etc to put with it...
    i was thinking White???
    Any suggestions....?

My Dress.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Cant find shoes the same colour?
    Let's see... not green, maybe blue, *maybe* black
    Yeah, that one's hard, sorry...
    white, no. maybe cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

silver?
    I dont think i want shoes the same colour ...i'm kinda broke so i was going to get shoes and bag and some kind of wrap thingy all the same colour, so i could wear them with other things too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Archeron

Gold. My missus has a dress like that and when she wears gold stuff with it, she looks like an egyptian princess. (in my eyes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I wear a lot of turquoise/teal and I'm usually boring and wear black with it. If I had more money I'd buy accessories the same colour, but I don't, and black is so handy!

I think strappy sandal type shoes would be nice with it, and you know you'd wear them again over the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

i'd go with silver sandals. they would brighten the dress up also means you can wear silver/white gold jewellery with it. it's a lovely dress by the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

keep AWAy from white shoes...they are the tackiest looking things!!

Id go with silver or maybe even gold (depending on the quality of the shoes of course)

Ps: really pretty dress... where did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

It's a gorgeous dress. I also think white shoes and accessories would be tacky. Silver shoes and bag would be lovely with the green then you could go for a silvery/pale grey wrap or something glitzy in green that goes with the band of the dress maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I think gold strappy sandals definitely. There appears to be a yellow/gold in the waistband so I think it would look fab. Get a gold organza wrap so it'll be a bit seethrough and not a block of colour and if you could get a bag with the same type of material it would look much nicer than the solid gold colour bags. I got a lovely bag like that in Monsoon a few years ago and it wasn't that expensive.
    Definitely not white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Gorgeous dress.

I'm with the other posters on the anti-white shoe thing; it wouldn't look good. White shoes are cute and ironic, but not really suitable for a wedding imo. Gold would look pretty cool, if you can get the accessories. Otherwise black would be playing it safe, but would still look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Gold gold gold all the way, but be wary of the shade your choose. Try and go for a deeper, diesel colour gold as opposed to blingtastic, tacky mctastic blinging gold as it doesn't translate that well to strappy sandles. Gorgeous dress by the way, you will look lovely.

PS, Where did you get the dress?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Femmy wrote:
    Not sure what colour shoes, bag etc to put with it...
    i was thinking White???
    Burberry? :D

I was thinking white as well, but then, meh... maybe something more soft and earthy would work better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Gold.
    Jewellery, shoes and make-up...an eyeliner the same colour as your dress would look AMAZING. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I had a similar coloured dress for a friend's debs and wore a black shawl thingy, black, diamante and white beaded bag and gold shoes. I've gotten so much use out of all the accessories. I wore a pearl necklace and pearl stud earrings. The colour of the dress isn't quite what it is in the pic, it's a little more greeny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, gold ftw. And it'll match loads of other stuff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hey attol those gold sandals in your pic are fab, where did you come across them?

River Island last autumn. They are pretty damn comfortable for the height as well. I have quite wide feet and didn't feel like my feet were squished all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

thanks for all the suggestions, i think i will go for silver or gold.
    I got the dress on ebay.It was €50 including postage.. It came from singapore...so at least i know there will be nobody else in the same dress...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

I was gonna suggest either silver or gold. I'd ask what colour your hair is as well plus complexion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lauragraigue

I wud defo say silver black and white would dress it down and gold wud make it tacky:mad: :mad: ..!! Go for Silver defo...!!!!!!!Silver Bag..Sandles an shrug wud be sooo elegant...

I think silver is tacky tbh. Gold has a more modern feel to it as long as it's not too bright and cheap looking. Look for gold with texture to it as I think a solid block of shiny gold doesn't do anyone justice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement