Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beards then...

Options
  • 08-03-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

I need advice on beards and such. I've neglected to shave for a few months as an experiment, but now need to figure out something to do with it or just shave it completely off. It's getting a bit too long to just ignore it any more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

You're a boy?! :eek:

Ahem. Onwards.

I say grow it for a while. Embrace the distinguishedness and maturity of bearddom. (That's beard-dom, not bear-dom.). But check with any SO before doing so, cos they mightn't be too happy about it. Beard rash hurts like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Get a trimmer and tidy it up. Once a week should be enough. Maybe longer if your beard doesn't go into curls like mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

stargal wrote:

Ehhh says who??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

stargal wrote:

I got the same reaction from Beruthiel.

*shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

A handlebar moustache FTW. They're definitely coming back in:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Shave it and leave some chops. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Had one for ten years. Laziness and it kept me warm. You need to leave it for about 4 weeks, depending on growth, so that it gets a bit of body. Get a trimmer and put a shape you are happy with. Also make sure it gets a good shampoo every so often!! They get dandruff. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I havent shaved in years. Trimmers ftw! I dont have a beard per sé, more stubbley.

nesf wrote:
    I got the same reaction from Beruthiel.

*shrugs*

Sorry Mr Nesf esquire.

At least it's clear now...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Cianos wrote:
    I havent shaved in years. Trimmers ftw! I dont have a beard per sé, more stubbley.

if I didn't shave for 2 weeks would have a ronnie drew.

To the OP, I think you need to keep it trimmed so at least it looks like you are growing it on purpose rather than couldn't be arsed to shave.

eg trimming your neck so that the beard doesn't blend in all the way down the front of your shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

me.jpg

Mine changes all the time from the above (which lasted a month or so) to the current unkept state below.

09032007001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah keep it trimmed in it will look grand rather than letting it grow messy like a bum n give it a good shampoo from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

6th wrote:
    [beardy pics]

I prefer the second actually!

(Why did people think nesf was a girl?:eek: :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

daveym wrote:
    if I didn't shave for 2 weeks would have a ronnie drew.

yeah thats where trimmers come in... you just trim back the growth and your left with whatever length of stubble you want

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

simu wrote:
    I prefer the second actually!

I'll stick with it so ;);)

simu wrote:

I think it was the ambiguous name coupled with the avatar that veers ever-so-slightly towards being er, girly. Again, nesf, I'm very sorry... :)

(Also simu, are you and nesf going out? If so, I think apologies may be in order to you too... always thought you were a boy!)

stargal wrote:
    I think it was the ambiguous name coupled with the avatar that veers ever-so-slightly towards being er, girly. Again, nesf, I'm very sorry... :)

(Also simu, are you and nesf going out? If so, I think apologies may be in order to you too... always thought you were a boy!)

aha, how do u know he/she isn't too and that they are still going out??

daveym wrote:
    aha, how do u know he/she isn't too and that they are still going out??

Sorry, should have clarified that! Simu said something a while ago that made it sound like he/she/it was a girl, so I guess I just got it wrong for both of them!

stargal wrote:
    Sorry, should have clarified that! Simu said something a while ago that made it sound like he/she/it was a girl, so I guess I just got it wrong for both of them!

no, i think u had it right but sure no harm getting people wondering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nesf: Just keep it trim and tidy. Don't want to look like a hobo afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

stargal wrote:

Well, he is my fiancé and we have a son! But yes, beards... I can't grow my own but they do add a certain grisly charm to the male face. :)

A question: would the bit above the lip continue to grow and end up looking like cuthuluesque tentacles if you didn't trim it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Only if you waxed them into dreads would they look like tentcles.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

stargal wrote:

SNES/Super Mario Bros. references are girly now? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

simu wrote:

I know, strange. People need to do more study of know your nerds!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Grooooow it. At some point in your life you'll wonder what it's like to have a huge homeless beard. You're close now so why not go for it?! Then, after twelve months, go into a barber and ask for a shave. You'll get your money's worth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

nesf wrote:
    SNES/Super Mario Bros. references are girly now? :p

What is it Nintendo Entertainment System f??? Anyways beards-if it is all growing the same colour then go for it, after realising how ginger my beard actually was I can't see myself growing on again unless the colour somehow changes later in life....

Advertisement