Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating programmer with thermostat

Options
  • 22-11-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am in a rented house with a Gas heating system. It has a "Flash Immermat 24hr Mechanical Central Heating Time Clock" which gives a simple 24 hour timer.
    I was looking to see if anyone can recommend one i can replace this with which has a thermostat which can kick off the heating if the temp drops below a level at night for example?
    Any recommendations which dont cost too much (as it is a rental) would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

Hortsmann have some very good ones can be slightly pricey though in and around €250

whats is your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

i would hope not to go over €100 if possible but am i in the right range at all?

Need to know if the current timer has heating zones like are the bedroom and living rooms and hotwater all come on together or are the on controlled by a seperate stat or valve?

everything on at once, no zones. have a separate timer on an immersion but not used during winter months at all.
    Very basic setup to be honest.

• Advertisement

you should get one for that proce so if thats the case go to heatmerchants they will help you go to their website to find the nearest one to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Towerstat rf would do the job. Ebay has them for about £45.

DoneDL wrote: »
    Towerstat rf would do the job. Ebay has them for about £45.

That looks pretty much what im after thanks!

Advertisement