Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower no longer heats water

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello,
    We have a triton electric shower 10 years old, never gave problem. Today the fuse on the board shut out while using it, after putting it back the water come out to for about 10 seconds and then goes cold to slightly warm.

Has the shower seen its days or can this be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

oli26 wrote: »
    Hello,
    We have a triton electric shower 10 years old, never gave problem. Today the fuse on the board shut out while using it, after putting it back the water come out to for about 10 seconds and then goes cold to slightly warm.

Sounds like the heating element is gone in your heater tank, can be replaced, however electric showers are consurable products& the life of
    Them is 7 to 10 years, its a judgement call, the repair wont be much cheaper than a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thegilpen

oli26 wrote: »
    Hello,

Did you clean the shower head lately could be filled with lime

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

thegilpen wrote: »
    Did you clean the shower head lately could be filled with lime

Yea i've heard of lime build up causing hot water to rapidly cool before it comes out of the nozzle. :confused:

Thats a "did you turn it off and turn it back on response"

Element is obviously gone. Ours went at home recently after 6 yrs.

Replaced the power shower instead of the element.

Getting 10 yrs out of one is good going. Invest in a new one. You'll prob get better water pressure and energy efficiency out of a new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 oli26

Thank you for the replies.
    I have seen the problem of water going cold or really hot out of a build up of lime in the shower head before but this time it is more. Removing the shower head was actually the first thing I had done.

I think you are both right, fixing would cost more and if 10 years is a good go, then it is time for a new one!

Where is the time where appliances were built to last.....

Advertisement