Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff Happening in the city

Options
  • 12-01-2006 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've just created this site, its on a trail bases though, i was wondering if you could give me your opinions on the site!
    Its called EventfulLimerick and the address is www.eventfullimerick.tk
    Could you please give feedback, on every aspect.. thank you!
    Oh, and really it only lists things happening in February, just to see how it works out!
    Billy, please dont put this in the limerick links atm, because i dunno if i'll continue it or not, if you feel its spamming delete the thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

good idea. the calenar-view is a very very good idea!!ELEVEN

but "Click into 'Calendar' to view upcoming events in Limerick" took me a while to find "Calendar". make it bigger or more visible. Maybe remove it from the white frame.

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

You should try and get in touch with eightball.ie and see if ye can't work on somethings together. Great idea. Dolans have a website you should ask if you can link on to that, www.munsterfans.ie is a good soucre of rugby news (or at least their forum is)

(BTW Trail= path, Trial=test?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Trail= path, Trial=test?
    Uh, I knew I was getting that wrong, it just didnt seem right!
    Hmm... yeah i thought the calendar link might be a problem, its just that if its not in that frame, your sent off to a completly different website!!!
    I'll work on that, anything else...
    BTW, thanks guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Yep .... I like the calendar and would be better if the connection was a bit more 'in your face' :D

Can you add ALDI opening date in Limerick ... :confused:

cos that's a big day for me :p ....

but I don't know when it is :( (about 2 weeks from now?)

well done LM .... keep it going .... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

ps. If I had know Newsons was closing down I would have been able to get a load of stuff for 1/2 price and also get a couple of mob no's for gals I used to chat with but have now lost touch with (anyone know Edels no?)

so how about things like that ... Big store sales/music/computers etc etc .... :confused:

I'm getting very domesticated am I not :p

pps. I know Edel is married and just had a bab's !!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

A good source for events would be the weekly diary dates in the post.

also you will find the websites for dolans, trinity rooms etc in the links thread.

human league coming to Trinity rooms next month w00t. also violent femmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Saw Human League at Electric Picnic last year. Good laugh and all but don;t think i'd pay to see them again. Was a nostalgic kind of thing, cool as part of a festival but the only song they really got a reaction for was "Don't you want me baby" If you haven't seen them and grew up in the 80's it could be fun but you knid of felt they were cashing in glories past imo.

Ok, I've made some slight changes based on what you said, www.eventfullimerick.tk would you prefer to see it even more 'in your face' or would people get that easily?!?!
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Could you put in links to the UCH, Dolan's etc.?
    Trial is still spelt wrong on the homepage, so is basis.
    Also, you could put a link to this forum, or would you have to get the permission of the admins?

Are you coding in pure HTML, or are you using Dreamweaver/Frontpage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Good site, limerick_man, the calendar is good but is there any chance you can de-americanise it, like but in important Irish dates rather than stuff like Presidents' Day and "Federal Income Tax returns due"?

Although I do like this guy:
    stpats.gif

• Advertisement

gaf1983 wrote:
    Good site, limerick_man, the calendar is good but is there any chance you can de-americanise it, like but in important Irish dates rather than stuff like Presidents' Day and "Federal Income Tax returns due"?
    Haha, yeah i know, thats wrecking my head! But theres no way to take them away!!!
    Could you put in links to the UCH, Dolan's etc.?
    All the stuff on each induvidual website is on this one, thats the whole point of the website.. all the info is in one place!!!

Trial is still spelt wrong on the homepage, so is basis
    Right ok, i'll fix those

you could put a link to this forum
    What do you mean?? The website is for events happening throughout the city
    Can you add ALDI opening date in Limerick
    I think its the first week of feb!

OK, thanks for your comments, post any more questions, and get back to me on the above ones, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Great site limerick-man. Pity it doesn't cover this week though - myself and bf have a date on Thur night & I was trying to find out what's on. Have looked at UL, LIT, Dolans websites and nothing listed. Only thing I could find is one show in the Belltable. Any one know of anything on this Thursday (19th)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

chuckles30 wrote:
    Great site limerick-man. Pity it doesn't cover this week though - myself and bf have a date on Thur night & I was trying to find out what's on. Have looked at UL, LIT, Dolans websites and nothing listed. Only thing I could find is one show in the Belltable. Any one know of anything on this Thursday (19th)?

see if you can get your hands on last thursday's post and have a look at the Diary dates on page 3.

unFRINGED starts on thursday afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

might be a bit of a trip but "under milk wood " reopens with Jon Kenny and Myles Breen in Friars Gate Kilmallock on Thursday night
    Good show
    Kenny just nominated for a national award for his performance
    booking on (063) 98727
    more information
    http://www.islandtheatrecompany.ie/

Shane

Advertisement