Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowloo Showdown 2014 - Who's going to be at it? THIS GUY!

Options
  • 27-08-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

As some of you will know, I mentioned before I went to Australia last year that I had full intention on going to Shadowloo Showdown while I was there. Unfortunately, due to circumstances ( ie, having feck all money and being in Perth ) I couldn't make it last year.

This year however - After beating the odds and getting my 2nd year visa - I was going to make damn sure I would be there. It's actually one of the main reasons I came to Melbourne, sad as that is ( can't say it was a bad decision either - For one thing, I've being working more consistently here for one thing then anywhere else I've being in Australia! ) But enough of that.

Shadowloo Showdown V is upon us, folks. It's one this weekend! I'm stoked for this, being looking forward to it for ages! :D I'm going to give out the link to my twitter so that people can follow my goings on this weekend; https://twitter.com/adrianccollins

Notable players who are attending including, but not limited to;
    Rico Suave
    F Champ
    Gamerbee
    Latif
    RF
    Ryan Hart
    KOK

As it stands, I will be in Pool H for USF4; http://ssv.challonge.com/SSV_USF4_PoolH - This may change as there are a LOT of byes in the pools and they are taking last minute registrations on Saturday. Rico Suave and KOK are in my pool. Not sure how to feel about it, not a pool of death but I've got my work cut out for me.

Here's a Tentative Schedule, though it's obviously subject to change and is based on Melbourne time, so subtract 9 hours from the times listed for the Irish Time.

Friday - 5pm - late:
    Doors open for competitors, spectators and cosplayers to pick up their passes. Exhibitions and side tournaments will take place during the friday night.
    ===============================
    Saturday
    9am - Doors Open for passes pick up and last minute registrations.
    10am - BlazBlue pool play. (Played till top 4)
    11:30am - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 pool play (Played till top 16)
    12pm - Injustice pool play. (Played all the way through)
    1pm - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 pool play. (Played till top 8)
    1:30pm - Killer Instinct pool play. (Played all the way through)
    2pm - Divekick pool play (Till top 8)
    2pm - Virtua Fighter V: Final Showdown pool play. (Played all the way through)
    2:30pm - King of Fighters XIII pool play. (Played till top 4)
    3:30pm - Street Fighter 3rd Strike pool play. (Played till top 4)
    4:30pm - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Top 16 to top 8)
    6:30pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV pool play (Played till top 8)
    Side note; Because Ultra is on so late and is the only game I've entered ( the competitor pass I have means I can play casuals ) I may be ducking out of SS for a few hours in the afternoon to go see an AFL game - merely because I know someone who works for one of the clubs playing and can get free tickets and I might as well as take the opportunity to see a game while I'm in Australia
    ===============================
    Sunday
    9am - Doors Open.
    10am - BlazBlue Top 4
    11am - 3rd Strike Top 4
    12pm - King of Fighters Top 4.
    1pm - Divekick Top 8
    2pm - Tekken Tag 2 Top 8.
    4pm - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 8.
    6pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV Top 8.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm in.

I'll sort it out later

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Misty Choas in brackets doe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Good luck, let us know if/when you're on stream!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Just thought I'd do a write up about my experiences at SS last weekend.

So firstly, I can say I've being there, done that and got the T-Shirt. I got to play Yoro and Gamerbee on the Friday, who both promptly kicked my ass and on stream too! :o Friday was more of an exhibition / hang out day.

As for the Saturday, I popped in for an hour before I went to that AFL game ( it was a draw ) and got in a few games with Shiro, again - he kicked my ass ( see the general theme going on here? :/ ) To be honest, apart from when I was away for the AFL game, I was doing a whole lot of sitting around and waiting for my pool to start, it didn't start until nearly 10 O'Clock!

I went 1 - 2 in my pool - The match I won I pretty much kicked the guys ass, then I went against ToXy, one of the best players in Melbourne and I'd had at least taken a match off him if I hadn't screwed up at a critical time ( yes, it was because I used Ex-Pinwheel ) and then got a bye in first round of losers before I faced the next person whose name I forget, he kicked my ass and sent me packing! And that was it for me.

I stuck around watching SF games on the big screen before the place shut at 12 and then got some food with a few mates and went home.

Sunday, I played a few casuals, saw the Cosplay contest, watched Ultra top 32 being played on the pool set ups ( I got a good seat for it too! ) while TT2 took forever on stream then watched Marvel ( F Champ took it, no surprise, really ) and Ultra top 16 respectively ( Gamerbee took that and he abused the hell out of Elena's glitchy crouching hitbox, too! )

All in all, while I'm glad I went, I felt I could have enjoyed it more for various reasons. I was very exhausted after Saturday, even though I spent most of the time sitting around waiting.

Ah well, there is always next time.... no seriously, there is. Shadowloo Showdown 6 got announced this week and it's taking place in February, a few weeks before my visa runs out! So it seems like I'm gonna be coming home with TWO Shadowloo Showdown T-Shirts!

Advertisement