Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Dancing dress to buy/ borrow

Options
  • 29-07-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I will be travelling to Orlando in a few weeks and have been invited to take part in an event to celebrate the culture of the country of each of the people attending and dress in the dance clothes most appropriate for our country's style of dance. I would love to wear an Irish dancing dress but don't do Irish dancing anymore so don't have any (solo or otherwise) dresses.

Would anyone be willing to let me borrow an old one you don't use anymore? Or else would you know of any dance teachers/ dress makers who might have old ones knocking around they wouldn't mind giving on loan for a week? Or alternatively does anyone know of any fancy dress costume places in Ireland that I might be able to get something that will pass as an Irish dancing dress? I found one place in the UK but the delivery of the dress is half the price of what I would pay for the dress so it's too much.

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hi OP, might be helpful if an age & size range was made available to posters.
    Also, with the popularity of River Dance, the traditional costumes aren't always needed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Excellent point :-) For me, an adult size small, about an 8 or a 10. There are three of us going though, one girl is size 6-8 and the other 12-14 so any adult size really! I have the shoes and the socks and will curl my hair so I think people will get the idea, I just wanted to go all out ;-)

Advertisement