Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! - Tips for Interview for Lecturing position in an IT

Options
  • 09-06-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,
    I have got myself an interview for a marketing lecturer position in an Irish IT. I was just wondering if anyone here had been through the IT lecturer interview process and could maybe offer some advice on what type of questions I can expect. I have to give a ten minute presentation and that sounds ok followed by an interview and whilst I know you have to demonstrate your capability and competence in relation to teaching, admin and research I would like to get a heads up on some of the types of questions they ask to address these areas. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Hi
    Can i ask u how long it took for hr to contact you about the interview ? I applied for an assistant lecturer position almost 3wks ago and have yet to hear from them. ....not sure what to think. I've tried calling but no answer.
    Re the interview. ..I'd look at the colleges mission statement and strategic plan and match their goals etc up with your strengths.
    Also have something prepared on what u think it's like to work in a third level institution.
    Keep the slides to a minimum. Print copies of the slides to distribute.
    Have an opinion etc on moodle and Blackboard and how you'd use technology in the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DegenerateNo1

Thanks for that. It took about 2-3 weeks around for them to get back to me but I would say that the turnaround time for notice of interview shortlisting is dependent on the particular institution you are applying to and how busy they are or if their staff are on holidays etc. Keep ringing the HR dept. you are bound to find someone that can inform you about your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Cheers...I rang them yesterday and the lady I spoke to said I should know by the end of the week. Eeeek fingers crossed Friday 13th is lucky for me :p

Advertisement