Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone up for a review exchange

Options
  • 17-11-2012 4:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

i.e. we email the pdf versions of our ebooks to one another and review them on amazon or wherever

apologies if something like this is already in place here, if so feel free to redirect me mods

Interested:
    donfers
    pickarooney
    dhayashi

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sure, I'll swap you a read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I'm in Granada at the moment but will certainly exchange when i get back, the more people that get involved in this the better of course as more people = more reviews

Is your being in Granada specifically relevant or was that a thinly veined something something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dearest mother, dearest father...

Is your being in Granada specifically relevant or was that a thinly veined something something?

no, it just means i don't have access to all the stuff i need to get going on this right now

but even if we get 10-15 people to start this off then great...reviews make a real difference to how an ebook is perceived by the masses so the more the merrier

it helps of course if the reviews offer constructive criticism and are supportive but of course we can't just all pat each other on the back, it helps to be honest though so anything overly scathing, maybe it should be approved by the author before its posted - however we are all fairly pleasant folk here so I'm sure any criticism would be constructive rather than nasty

I suppose the pertinent first question would be how many people on here have published any kind of ebook online?

• Advertisement

Edited the OP with names.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dhayashi

Hi,

I would love to do an e-book swap with you! Please tell me what your book is about. Cheers.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
    A shaman's secret changes the lives of six travellers one by one as they make their way through South America...

In the depths of the Amazon jungle, a shaman waits for the world to end. The secret he carries with him will change the lives of six travellers forever.

Jonas, a lonely IT drone, is forced to go on vacation where he meets Andy, a rich Californian at a loose end, and discovers that travel may have its upsides. Andy in turn meets and falls for a Manic Pixie Dream Girl whose bizarre outlook on life spurs him into doing something crazy.

While Andy attempts to save some children from the clutches of a rogue medicine man he crosses paths with Noémi, a Belgian beauty with more baggage than Heathrow Airport lost and found, and Nancy, who has lost everything but her dream - to see Machu Picchu.

Meanwhile, Brian, a former secret service agent is called back into action when his brother becomes the victim of a Melbourne drug cartel. He decides that the best way to catch a ghost is to become one.

But who is the unseen puppetmaster drawing the strings of their tales together and why will he stop at nothing to get his hands on the shaman's plant?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dhayashi

Deal! I like the sound of your story. How do I get my hands on it?

"This is a memoir about a Yank who experienced major culture shock: moving from a large metropolitan city in America to a remote farming village in County Galway, Ireland. It chronicles her adventures travelling around the Emerald Isle, working for next to no money, and making a plethora of unlikely friends. A true tale of self discovery that also reveals many elements of a new culture."

Thanks for the pm's guys, I think instead of buying each others ebooks we can just send each other the pdfs via email - there may be price variances etc. so sending a raw copy by email is probably the least problematic method

I'll happily send both of you a copy of one of my ebooks next week, they are quite short so you'll have read them in no time, if you guys have lengthy tomes then I can browse them briefly and get a review done for you quickly or I can read the entire work and then post a review, obviously that will take a bit more time, whatever you prefer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

I published my debut children's fantasy novel DOPPELGINGER this past Wednesday, and today it's available as a free download on Amazon.com as part of Black Friday.

Here's a description:

Every family has a secret.

When a peculiar couple moves into the derelict house across the street, Marty White, the only kid resident of the Dullest Place in the Universe, is certain they have something to hide.

What he discovers is something not only out of this world, but in a different world entirely.

Marty’s new neighbours, the Beatniks, have uncovered a connection to Over There—a world just like Marty’s one, but backwards—in their bathroom mirror. Over There is filled with reflections: malevolent doppelgängers his world was never meant to see.

No sooner does Marty discover this place when he finds himself standing in it. At first this seems like nothing more than his neighbours’ cruel attempt at getting rid of him, but he soon realises there’s much more to it than that.

Marty has his own secret. A big one. He just doesn’t know it yet.

And here's the download link.
    ---

(ignore the quoted page count, it's actually just over 200 pages)

I worked so hard on this book and I'm really proud of it. If you wrote a review for it on Amazon I would appreciate it more than you can imagine.

The book returns to its regular price of $2.99 tomorrow so if you want to get it for free I'd recommend you do it tonight!

Thanks guys.

Hi BP. Rather than leave open a thread which is just straight up advertising and allow a precedent for more of the same, I've merged your thread with this similar one and removed the direct link. PM me if you have any questions.

Advertisement