Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalker

Options
  • 28-09-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

I go the Stalker set in the last Steam sale. Should I just play vanilla or what is the best mod to start with?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

complete mod
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

boom

run the vanilla game, it has to create a few files. just run it, exit out. then install that mod

be patient with it.. it starts slow but it's so unbelievably worth it

--edit

also i'm assuming you mean shadow of chernobyl?

----edit

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009/downloads/stalker-complete-2009-14-exe-installer

this is the file you need.. the rest are all optional. never used the realistic weapons add on myself so dont know how it affects the game balance. probably not best for a first time play through anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

also i'm assuming you mean shadow of chernobyl?

I have all the Stalkers. But I supposed the first is the place to start.

yeah

play chernobyl first

you can play clear sky second if you like but it's the weakest in the series. they balanced the game around close quarters combat and nerfed the **** out of scoped weapons and... the game kinda suffers for it
    still a good game, but pripyat is *so* much better and since clear skyis a prequel you can jump straight into pripyat after chernobyl and not really miss anything from leaving clear sky until third

all 3 games have their own version of the complete mod. graphics updates, bug fixes, that kinda thing. by and large it leaves the game as vanilla as possible just a better experience while playing.

--edit

i'll put my feelings about clear sky like this

chernobyl - 228 hours played
    pripyat - 348 hours played
    clear sky - 55 hours played

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So once I'm done, it's on to Misery mod?

misery mod is only for call of pripyat, so that's a ways off yet for you

plus version 2.0 of the misery mod is coming out soon so hopefully by the time you finish the other 3 it'll be done

there's also tecnobacons stalkersoup for shadow of chernobyl. it adds the maps from all 3 games into chernobyl as well as maps from unreleased alphas people found, a **** ton of new quests, enemies, artifacts, etc etc etc etc etc

only problem is it's still in beta so it's a teeeeensy bit buggy from time to time. it's also ****ing *hard* pretty much one shot kill until you're a hundred hours in or so and get some decent armour/artifacts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement