Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (no really)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not sure it's cool to post that kind of stuff here.

Just out of curiousity, are you running an import copy of the game on a modified-to-be-regionless PS3, or are you running a straight up ROM?

I think it's ok, I don't think there's anything illegal in actually owning a dev kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So this is now for sale on XBLA in the States and Japan. http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/08/persona-4-arena-now-costs-40-on-xbox-360-and-playstation-3/

If you want to get your mitts on it you could probably try making a US account and trying to buy it that way.

No idea if the region locking will still prevent you from downloading it like when I couldn't download EU Halo on my EU account because I'm physically in Japan, but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    So this is now for sale on XBLA in the States and Japan. http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/08/persona-4-arena-now-costs-40-on-xbox-360-and-playstation-3/

If you want to get your mitts on it you could probably try making a US account and trying to buy it that way.

No idea if the region locking will still prevent you from downloading it like when I couldn't download EU Halo on my EU account because I'm physically in Japan, but it's worth a shot.

Somebody has gotta try this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nutrient wrote: »

Somebody has gotta try this
    Not doing it, just on principle.

I'll probably give it a shot, but it's still showing up as $60.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/P4A/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802453907d2

Siliconera say it's supposed to be dropping to $40, so I'll wait for that. I wouldn't mind learning the basics of this so I don't have to keep leafing through that Japanese system guide in the arcade whenever I try giving it a shot.

• Advertisement

34qu2ph.png

So you press A+B or B+D or A+B+C+direction and oh I appear to have gone cross-eyed.

Turns out Siliconera had it wrong. It's dropping to $40 for hard copies. Digital is staying at $60.
    Not a chance I'm buying it for $60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Game's dead on arrival anyway.

Buy it if you like it for the single-player content.

Don't pay any attention. The end of March is the end of the 2nd Quarter in the fiscal year. All Pre-orders taken before that point get added onto total sales/profits for the year, so it's a completely baseless release date for the actual game and just relates to Wow's finance tracking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I am tempted to not purchase in protest of it being a year late (basically)

I really wouldn't bother buying it if you want to seriously play it. The number of players that dropped it after CP released over here was pretty incredible and I imagine the trend will follow to the States and (eventually) Europe.

The arcades I visit in Hachioji share P4A and CP on the same cabinet. Since CP's release I have not seen a single game of P4A being played there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

MIght wait for it to come down in price before purchasing.

I'm interested in playing single player mode, but without online play the game will only have a limited shelf life.

I really wouldn't bother buying it if you want to seriously play it. The number of players that dropped it after CP released over here was pretty incredible and I imagine the trend will follow to the States and (eventually) Europe.

The arcades I visit in Hachioji share P4A and CP on the same cabinet. Since CP's release I have not seen a single game of P4A being played there.
    You mean you can choose your game after inserting coins, like on old NeoGeo cabs?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You mean you can choose your game after inserting coins, like on old NeoGeo cabs?
    Yep. Nesica brought out a cab a couple of years ago that lets arcade operators just download new games onto them instead of buying new boards. The player can then cycle through the available titles to whatever they want. Some cabinets are set to only play specific games though, so there's still BB only sections of some arcades. ArcSys really jumped on the system, but there's a big variety of fighters (and non fighters) from different companies on there: P4U, BB, KoF, Arcana Heart, Battle Fantasia, Puzzle Bobble etc. Namco and Capcom haven't gone near them though.

It's pretty handy because many arcade games here allow you to store a player profile on a physical card which you swipe before you play. The card stores your gamertag, wins, losses, accumulated points and any costumes/items you bought with those points. With Nesica you only need one card to work across dozens of games. Capcom and Namco seem to do them on a per game basis. The ol' wallet will fill up pretty quick if you buy cards for all your regular games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7DFcbHLrc

As a side note, one nice thing Persona in particular did with its Nesica card integration is that when you swipe your card it remembers your previous character and centers the selection over them (but does not actually pick them), then if you do select them it cycles to the color choice you picked last, so you can just mash through the character select screen when you're trying to get that rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Game is already dead and the publishers don't deserve a damn penny for their bull****.

So yeah...

PERSONA 4 ARENA UPDATE!
    As promised here's an update on our current progress with Persona 4 Arena.

We have now taken delivery of the PS3 EU version of Persona 4 Arena, and we are expecting the Xbox version soon.

Once we have both, the next step will be to submit P4A to Sony and Microsoft. At this stage, we'll be able to estimate a likely release window for you guys - and once it's been approved by both platform holders, we'll be able to give you a realistic street date.

We will, of course, let you know what stage we are in this process so you can have a clearer idea of when the release date is likely to be.

Again, thank you for your patience...

I hope you guys have your wallets ready. Zen are just one step away from being able to submit the game to Sony and MS, at some point after which they will be able to give a completely believable estimated launch date. :pac:

I hope you guys have your wallets ready. Zen are just one step away from being able to submit the game to Sony and MS, at some point after which they will be able to give a completely believable estimated launch date. :pac:
    Okay that was faster than I thought. P4A arrives Feb 20 on PSN and Feb 22 at retail.

Okay that was faster than I thought. P4A arrives Feb 20 on PSN and Feb 22 at retail.
    So April 1. it is, then.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Finally got around to picking this up the other day. Sat down and played it for a while tonight. Started with Chie, seems to have some good B&B combos, but needs to get inside in order to do some real damage. Has a super which multiplies her damage to crazy numbers!

Overall enjoyed sitting down with this and Jojo's for the last week. I haven't been playing fighting games for a while, so it was nice to start again with some games which I haven't really played before. Will defo give Persona a spin at the arcade, as it is a well played game on the East side of Tokyo, as all most anime/dial-a-combo fighters are. (SFIV dominates the west side as Daigo, Fuudo, etc all live in the west side).

Interestingly, it has also been the most "mainstream" fighter I've seen played too. A lot more women seem to sit down with this one, when compared to SFIV and BB. BB used to be the game which I guess girls were most interested, but since persona is a popular RPG series, and this is a sequel to Persona 4 (Atlus P4A project manager's words), more people are willing to give it a try.

• Advertisement

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Will defo give Persona a spin at the arcade, as it is a well played game on the East side of Tokyo, as all most anime/dial-a-combo fighters are. (SFIV dominates the west side as Daigo, Fuudo, etc all live in the west side).
    Ah, that's probably why I don't see it much since I don't often go much furthet East than Shinjuku.

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showpost.php?#38;p=309824&postcount=1

P4U download from US PSN is also region-locked.
    Heads-up if you were thinking about wasting your money.

It's out next week anyway, so keep your pants on.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

It's out next week anyway, so keep your pants on.

Persona is never coming to Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so is anyone getting this next week?

Placebo wrote: »
    so is anyone getting this next week?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

What has you thinking it's coming out next week?
    Especially since the publishers stated yesterday that they have no news at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

jesus thought it was March !!! its released in MAY, ridic

Placebo wrote: »
    jesus thought it was March !!! its released in MAY, ridic
    LOL get owned.

• Advertisement

Wow. GGs Zen/Arc Sys.

Advertisement