Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4fm..right now priceless folks.

Options
  • 23-05-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Discussion of Homosexuality and religion. It's priceless folks, somewhat depressing but still absolutely chockers full of hilarity can't decide if these are Poes or not.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

He just said homosexuality is as bad as child molestation... "They are both sins against God"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

liamw wrote: »
    He just said homosexuality is as bad as child molestation... "They are both sins against God"

You should have heard the first lady caller. :D

Presenter: "I'm Catholic, but I wouldn't dare live my life through the teachings of the Catholic Church".. and he went on to say that he didn't care what Jesus said?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Presenter: "I'm Catholic, but I wouldn't dare live my life through the teachings of the Catholic Church".. and he went on to say that he didn't care what Jesus said?

Yeah typical á la carte dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

nothing wrong with freedom of speech made u giggle OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

cosmicfart wrote: »
    nothing wrong with freedom of speech made u giggle OP

I can so clearly visualise the day in the future when they unearth some punctuation and are completely unable to identify such a strange relic. Then they will text their friends: "I dnt know wut it is do u"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Zillah wrote: »
    I can so clearly visualise the day in the future when they unearth some punctuation and are completely unable to identify such a strange relic. Then they will text their friends: "I dnt know wut it is do u"
    Ever read Philip K Dick's short story The Little Black Box? (It's collected in a book of the same name.) I'm frequently made think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

So a typical Irish Catholic then :P

I would love to ask such a person what exactly they think makes them Catholic then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Zillah wrote: »

Given how historians today act they will probably assign some over the top significance to this.

This man must have been very important and privilaged, look how he doesn't need to use full words when texting his sexual partner. Clearly a more advanced member of society

Yo btch, shag l8tr, dnt frgt cder

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wicknight wrote: »
    I would love to ask such a person what exactly they think makes them Catholic then.

I asked one such person around the time of the census (my mother). She got pissed off and replied, "I was baptised a Catholic and I'll be buried as one and that's that!"
    fantastic logic :rolleyes:
    I think being a slave is hardwired into some people's DNA.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    I asked one such person around the time of the census (my mother). She got pissed off and replied, "I was baptised a Catholic and I'll be buried as one and that's that!"

I laughed becuase my mum said almost exactly the same thing. Usually she desperately tries to change the subject for fear that I might, shock, horror, question her beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Galvasean wrote: »

It a leftover from when the church had basically unquestioned power over people, you could question the government, but not the church. a parish priest was held in higher regard than anyone else in rural Ireland years ago, scary thought.

Advertisement