Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draw Mohammed Day 2011

Options
  • 23-05-2011 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

So apparently the whole thing has been overshadowed by The Non-Rapture.

If I was a muslim I would be pretty happy with the lack of publicity surrounding EDMD 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I think the point was made last year. Although if some of the best drawings were compiled into a book I'd buy it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I think the point was made last year. Although if some of the best drawings were compiled into a book I'd buy it...
    Then burn it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What date is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

ignorance isn't crime.......

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dead one wrote: »
    ignorance isn't crime.......

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”
    I've decided that your avatar is a picture of mohammed wearing a cowboy hat.

Why would you disrespect mohammed like that? Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

I've decided that your avatar is a picture of mohammed wearing a cowboy hat.
    believe, what you believe....
    Why would you disrespect mohammed like that? Why?
    See, This short story will help you to understand answer....
    One day, as usual the lamb wandered far off into the forest... There he saw a spring.... While the lamb was drinking water in the spring, a wolf watched from behind a tree.“A lamb! My lucky day!” the wolf thought, approaching the lamb. The lamb was not aware of the wolf for some time. There was no one besides these two animals to save the lamb from the wolf.

“You know this forest belongs only to wild animals like me. Why have you come in here to take water from this spring?” asked the wolf. The wolf continued, “You are also dirtying water. How will I drink this polluted water now?”

“But the spring flows from where you are standing down to where I am standing, Sir!” said the lamb, in a meek voice. The wolf was surprised to hear such an intelligent answer from the lamb. But the wolf was just looking for an excuse to kill the lamb. “How dare you argue with me? I think you are the same lamb who had abused me last year,” the wolf shouted.
    “Last year? Bur Sir, I was not even born then!” the lamb squeaked. The lamb feared that the wolf was looking after a pretext to kill the lamb. The lamb became cautious of its words and gestures. This way both the lamb and the wolf talked to each other cautiously.

I have no clues, how you are trying to join Elephant's tail with Frog to make your point:)......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thread flatlining...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Dades wrote: »
    Thread flatlining...

Just let it go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There were quite a few youtube videos floating around about it, I think without a south park style controversy and with Camping about there was less impetus for the casual cartoonist to get involved this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I wonder though.

Did Draw Mohammed day cause unnecessary problems in the muslim world, or did it help to desensitize it, and perhaps push the muslim world towards a more moderate outlook?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

condra wrote: »
    I wonder though.

Did Draw Mohammed day cause unnecessary problems in the muslim world, or did it help to desensitize it, and perhaps push the muslim world towards a more moderate outlook?

99% of Muslims don't give a toss, as the rule relates to Muslims and they aren't the ones doing the drawing.

This all stems from the pictures in the Danish newspapers. But the violence based on that was never because of the newspapers actions, nor was it an attack against the Danishes freedom of speech (that was how it was sold). The Muslim clerics had included other pictures that were sent to them and the actions to show the level of hatred against Muslims in the west.

Personally (as an Atheist) I don't see any profit in intentionally antagonizing other people. So the picture drawing is pointless.

Advertisement