Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just Cause 2 (Platinum - Xbox 360 / PS3) - €6.99 delivered [Play.com]

• 29-12-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a great price!

15014588x.jpg 15014580x.jpg
    Buy it @ Play.com (PS3)
    Buy it @ Play.com (Xbox 360)
    Special Features:

Unique Vertical Gameplay: Take to the air like no other game. Experience total aerial freedom with the unique parachute and dual grapple.
    Unbelievable Adrenaline-Fuelled Stunts: Freefall, BASE jump, vehicle surf, parasail, skydive, grapple, slingshot, leap between vehicles, hang from helicopters, scale buildings. The impossible is within your grasp.
    Upgraded Dual Grapple: Your best tool is now a weapon. Fire two shots with the grapple hook and attach unwilling enemies to high-speed vehicles, hang them upside down from buildings, tether objects in midair. The possibilities are as vast as your imagination.
    Discover The Secrets Of Panau: Explore the island paradise, from sprawling cities, secluded beaches and towering mountain peaks - more than 400 square miles of your own personal playground.
    Experience True Freedom: Hundreds of objectives can be completed in any way or order that you choose. When it's time for a break from Agency business, kick back and enjoy all the attractions that Panau has to offer.
    Massive Selection Of Vehicles: Catch air on a high-speed dirt bike, race across the sea in a power boat, or fire a spread of rockets from an attack chopper - more than 100 land, sea and air vehicles are yours for the taking.

Review

The orders are simple: hunt down and execute a rogue agent that has stolen top-secret intelligence and millions in Agency cash. For agent Rico Rodriguez, the mission is anything but routine. The target is Tom Sheldon, Rico's former commanding officer, mentor and friend; a man who knows Rico better than he knows himself.

Sheldon went dark while operating in the corrupt island nation of Panau. There, three rival gangs wage war in the streets while the ruthless dictator Baby Panay rules the island with an iron fist. With the resources of the Agency at his disposal, Rico must infiltrate the island and locate Sheldon, setting off a violent chain of events that will set Panau ablaze.

Each of Rico's assignments can be tackled by land, sea or air with more than 100 vehicles including tactical jeeps, attack helicopters and jet fighters. As the Agency's best, Rico can execute a range of breathtaking new stunts, utilising his trademark parachute and upgraded grapple to reach any location in Panau. Somewhere on the 400 square mile island of white sand beaches, scorching deserts and snow-capped peaks, Sheldon awaits.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just noticed it's the same price for the 360, so added that also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Great price and some good reviews out there for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

This forum is starting to really hurt my credit card! First it was the cheap PS3, then Blu-Rays (thanks for the idea of Band of Brothers whoever put it up!), PS3 games, M and M Clothes, software, random mini camera etc etc! Love the stuff but it's never-ending!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Aww.. gone up to 13.99 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Gulliver wrote: »
    Aww.. gone up to 13.99 now :(

Hmmm, I put it in my basket a few minutes ago at 6.99. I hope it is still that price. I'll find out once I can remember my password.

** EDIT **
    Yep, the price changed. Deleted from basket.

• Advertisement

Feeling we wont get this sumhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Wow, I must have ordered it just in time, order confirmed for 6.99 so i think we're good. Thought it strange afterwards when I searched for other games under a tenner and didn't see it in the resulting list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Awh can't use paypal :(

EDIT: Still 6.99 though in my basket and in Clearance category. Is it expired?

It's €6.99 at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mine was shipped this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

-snip-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It's €6.99 at the moment anyway.

€13.99 again

Got an e-mail a while ago stating it's been despatched.

Cheers OP me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A great game, well worth €6.99 or €13.99, very fun to play.

Back in stock at €6.99 on both formats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

ARRRGH! Still showing as €13.99 for XBox when added to basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Still showing as €13.99 for me.

basquille wrote: »
    Got an e-mail a while ago stating it's been despatched.

Cheers OP me!
    Me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

mcgovern wrote: »
    Still showing as €13.99 for me.

Yeah, 13.99 for me as well... or 9.99 in sterling..

Sorry lads.. didn't last long back at €6.99.

Marked as Expired again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaggggghhh

I meant to check it this morning first thing, and i forgot, because i stupidly went out on the Razzzz last night..
    I reckon they're putting it at 6.99 in the mornings, and then back to 13.99 after 12/1pm judging by previous posts..
    And bet it stops today, last day of the year etc..
    I'm going to give tomorrow one more chance, then just buy it at 13.99. Great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

It's €11.99 over at Sendit.com - free delivery too.

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/just-cause-2/10059877.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭gnolan

Anyone received theirs yet?

gnolan wrote: »

Yeah, mine came yesterday.

Yep, mine arrived this morning as far as I know..

.. girlfriend said a small box arrived from Play, and it's the only thing I ordered off them recently (bar a Blu-ray yesterday, and they're NEVER that quick).

I'm still waiting on mine. It could be at home now I guess but I'll have to wait till later to find out.

Mine turned up today.

Advertisement