Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin, the teenager on RTE in the 90's.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Joko

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

This dude is a legend, I'm way too young but I remember this guy when he was older, his face I've seen around

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

Here's a video of the Physiquiz from 1993 with Kev as one of the presenters. It appears to be taken from an archive rather than simply taken off someone's dusty VCR cassette.

• Advertisement

he works in rte now in sports, not sure of his actual role. comes across sound enough

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pixiel

It sure has been a while

Physiquiz - YouTube
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ypvmeL8SE

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Did Physiquiz have two different female presenters and why? Have you noticed presenters in RTE change a lot?!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

I remember the little fecker now. I think he used show his know all puss on the Toy Show as well. I thought that he grew up and moulded into Turbridy

Did Physiquiz have two different female presenters and why? Have you noticed presenters in RTE change a lot?!

I seem to have the memory of Michael Sheridan being a presenter. He later was in Finbar's Class and Bull Island and I remember a lot of talk of 'iotas' which, if memory serves, resembled the crystals from the Crystal Maze and served much the same function.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    I seem to have the memory of Michael Sheridan being a presenter. He later was in Finbar's Class and Bull Island and I remember a lot of talk of 'iotas' which, if memory serves, resembled the crystals from the Crystal Maze and served much the same function.

Um...That's not the question I asked and yes you are right Micheal Sheridan was in those but he seemed to disappear of the RTE map after Bull Island.

Um...That's not the question I asked and yes you are right Micheal Sheridan was in those but he seemed to disappear of the RTE map after Bull Island.

Oops. Must have glanced over the question to quick and misinterpreted it. Sorry. Regarding the original question, I'm not sure. Could it be that the presenters had to be rotated because they worked on various programs and weren't available at the time of recording? Maybe it was RTE policy to keep things 'fresh' by rotating the presenters on that program. Maybe it still is policy in that way. I can't say I've noticed it much because I don't watch RTE much. Surely there's someone on Boards who could answer the question with a definite answer.

briany wrote: »
    Oops. Must have glanced over the question to quick and misinterpreted it. Sorry. Regarding the original question, I'm not sure. Could it be that the presenters had to be rotated because they worked on various programs and weren't available at the time of recording? Maybe it was RTE policy to keep things 'fresh' by rotating the presenters on that program. Maybe it still is policy in that way. I can't say I've noticed it much because I don't watch RTE much. Surely there's someone on Boards who could answer the question with a definite answer.

No harm in starting a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Michael Sheridan presented "The Works" with Mary Kingston, I'm fairly sure that was the line up

Michael Sheridan profile Bull Island, Finbarr's Class, and the Works.

Mary Kingston profile was The works, Disney club, and Scratch Saturday.

We know what Kevo O'Connell's profile is from this thread but the presenters were Saline (don't know her second name) according to the video on this thread but there was a presenter called Cliona Ni Bhuachalla https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/0240/046.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Ruu wrote: »
    Annoying git. I remember him doing the Stream program, gaming review thing. He has his own gathering card on boards too, here.

'Gran Terismo on teh Playstayshun Teeew'
    ah yes, my mam liked him for some reason. SHE probably wanted him as a son, as she was in her forties then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Yep, he's a friend of my cousins.

Him and another guy from RTE (better looking, if a bit effeminate) are often to be seen on ground level bar in Bruxelles early on Saturdays...about 6->9, before they go to Lillies.

He's alright I think, his 15 mins are well and truly up. Gonna print this out and give it to him next time I see him...he'll be chuffed!
    steve curran, was it.... his co-host on that games show...

nice enough lad, still works in rte, pretty sound whenever im working in there.

If you go into the Classic Children's category of the RTE player, you'll find but one program, that being an episode of Scratch Saturday. There is a segment with Kevo as quizmaster. Odd quiz game, too, but not nearly as odd as when they have Albert Reynolds count down that week's top 10 singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 madirishgirl

Ha I was just Googling to see what the name of the show was coz no1 ever remembers it and came across this!

I met Kevo in a pub two years ago and myself and my mate hounded him for the night, getting photos and all.. Bleeeeedin legend n all and anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

He's a producer now in RTE and works on a fist full of shows. Hasn't done any presenting in a while but still there and carving out a nice career for himself. Nice lad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Does anyone remember that show RTE2 had on weekend mornings, 'The Swamp'? Are there any clips of that online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ah yes, my mam liked him for some reason. SHE probably wanted him as a son, as she was in her forties then.

FIFU.

Advertisement